• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We need to eliminate the damn email!!!!!!

Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut off the email and I'm still getting it. Enough already.

I get enough SPAM with having my mail box full of the crap from this forum. When I want to read the forum I will come to the forum. This is another deal breaker that is driving me away. These Jive guys should be shot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko,

This was my reply in the "this forum sucks" thread:

Please allow me to help with the email subscriptions, since I had the exact same problem.  It's ABSURD that we have to go through this much but here it is:

1. turn OFF email notifications  (nope, not done yet ...)
  2. turn OFF mailing list notifications (nope, not done yet ...)
  3. go to EACH forum you visit and click the STOP email notifications link [right sidebar]  (nope, not done yet ...)
  4. check your inbox, determine which THREADS are sending you notifications, go to that thread and click on the STOP email notifications link [right sidebar]   Even if you turned off the emails in the individual forums, you must also turn off the emails in the specific threads.

This should effectively end the email "spam" that you are receiving.

The fact that we have to turn it OFF in at least 4 different places is plain STUPID.  So tell me again, who thought this was a good idea?

good luck!

Hopper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that Thanks.  this is ridiculous. We need one place to shut the damn email off just like the old forum. I'm really begining to believe that Adobe does not want a forum and they are trying their best to kill it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, you need to neck a handful of chill-pills and take some of your own sage advice, i.e. RTFM.

OK, so there's no actual manual, per se, but what other process do we savvy users go through with new software?

And to quote another of your favorite lines: "Works for me!" And by that, I mean that I practice what you and I both preach...I haven't gotten a single email notification about anything because I took the time to figure out how stuff works before I dove in and turned into a bawlbaby because things didn't work the way I expected/

Sooo...enjoy those chill pills, and send any leftovers to:
PhosManiac
P.O. Box 666
East Futtbuck, HI 98765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I got back in after a meeting and discovered that I had a sh!t load of email from the forum. I tried to turn it off but it kept coming. It seems the default is on for all the annoying things. It seemed cute at first but the more I bounced around the worse it got. I just expected the annoying stuff would be off by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopper wrote-

"4. check your inbox, determine which THREADS are sending you notifications, go to that thread and click on the STOP email notifications link [right sidebar]   Even if you turned off the emails in the individual forums, you must also turn off the emails in the specific threads."

Make sure you go to the offending thread from your browser and not from the email notification in order to turn off the email notification!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to recievie email notifcations even though the general notification is off and the individual threads are off.

{Edit] false alarm, with my Login change I forgot to set my email notification preferences.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

In addition to our Forums FAQ, email preference instructions are posted here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1877406#1877406

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I finally got the email all shut off.

this new forum is still annoying though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines