• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web Design Market

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently started going back to my web design which I left a few years ago when I started my master. At that time I was a web designer working with Freehand, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop etc, My focus was interface design for computer applications, graphic design and mainly web design (only interface design and client side programming such as actionscripting for Flash), I tried to learn server side programming like .net C++, C # VB, ASP etc but found them so hard to catch up, as far as I never had enough time for both Graphic side (interface design) and programming, at the end I chose to stick to my interface design and leave server side programming to experts.

Considering all these, that now I'm going back to my old habit, interface design for websites, want to know how market is for this right now?

I know if you go for server-side and .net even though many are outsourced to India still there are opportunity but interface design which I mean the combination of Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks,Photoshop is unclear for me.

Please tell me how do you see the market in this field (interface design). My worries are recently I felt a lot of people want a person to do everything together (database, graphic design, server side programming plus interface design!) and if this is true I wont go anywhere by focusing only on Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks,Photoshop at the same time there is absolutely no way for me to try ASP.net and similar applications , I  never have time to focus both on programming and interface design. Would like you to share your experience with me.

In other words will I go anywhere in this market if I just focus on Web Design (interface design) with  Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks,Photoshop?

(I don't use these applications for print media)

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Web Designer,

Why don't you post your Web Design question in the Web Design forum?

http://forums.adobe.com/community/design_development/webdesign

This one here is for comments about the forums as such. Such as they are!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines