Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webmaster: How to stop unwanted forum emails - Attn: Webmaster

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Webmaster,

I started a discussion on your adobe forum on Oct 4, 2010 5:53 PM titled  Unable to open PDF file in browser using Reader 9 with IE8 in Adobe Reader at URL http://forums.adobe.com/thread/733688?tstart=0.  Since then, I have received only two responses to the discussion which did not help and am receiving hundreds of emails a day from threads of other discussions that are annoying and clog up my email system as unwanted SPAM.  I went to you service note cpsid_52111 titled Disabling email notifications from Adobe Forums and the information did not resemble/apply to the reference screens that I pulled up on my computer.  I did check a block to notify me via email of any responses but did not realize that I would receive responses to all forum questions/discssions.

I want to either eliminate my account and/or disable emails being sent to my email address.  My screen name in adobe is rudy2d44.  Please help me on this request and I promise I will never use your forums again!

I have found no person in your entire Customer Support organization that could help me and I talked to three people with one referring me to this screen for help.  You must have changed your screens after you wrote the CPSID_52211 and there is no way to disable your forum system from sending me the emails

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

You do this, by reading Email notices http://forums.adobe.com/thread/503132 and following the advice

Do not post your telephone and email in a public forum... spammers have programs to read messages and harvest email addresses

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do this, by reading Email notices http://forums.adobe.com/thread/503132 and following the advice

Do not post your telephone and email in a public forum... spammers have programs to read messages and harvest email addresses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  So far, so good....no more annoying Adobe emails!  It musta worked.  The web site graphics helped tremendously.  And thanks for the advice.

Rudy2d44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rudy,

Glad that article helped you. As there are a few places to look, depending exactly where the e-mails are originated, one can easily overlook one, or another.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines