Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird poster in the PS forum

Community Expert ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Atiqur%20Sumon

I know this has already been discussed and dismissed under a general "benefit of the doubt". And yes, I can see that side.

But there are now so many outright weird posts from this person that I think someone should look into it, if that's possible. Not one of them makes any sense at all, and some of them can easily be taken as offensive.

Somehow I get the distinct feeling that this is not a person talking, but a robot. The words are all connected, but the context of the discussion is totally missed in every case, and with remarkable consistency.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Deactivated. He did not reply to my PM and continued to post. Just an FYI

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to second that request. Something very strange is going on there. It needs to be looked at closely.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for backing me up. I really hesitated before posting this, but I know others react the same way. Something doesn't smell right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does remind me of robo blog comments designed to attract attention to the user's business. Or maybe just someone with a limited knowledge of English "trying to help". But I have detected duplicate cut and paste "answers".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He runs a business in the UK, and he responds right to the point when you address him directly, so his weirdness cannot be excused by limited English proficency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

He runs a business in the UK, and he responds right to the point when you address him directly, so his weirdness cannot be excused by limited English proficency.

And yet he posts garbage like:

"Go to Run-type (msconfig) and start up tab now you unmarketable your start menu."

Come on. TELL me this isn't someone trying out a chat-bot. I dare you!

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957 wrote:

I think so too. This isn't a person. This is a machine talking. All the more creepy, and this account should just be banned. People have been banned for less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…and who knows what this machine is able to harvest while it's replying, or where he it can hack his way through in the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957 wrote:

Quite the contrary, OB.  That is precisely what I was suggesting when I commented that it was not a person with limited English proficiency, given his background information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

Quite the contrary, OB.  That is precisely what I was suggesting when I commented that it was not a person with limited English proficiency, given his background information.

Sorry Station Two, I worded that poorly. I meant to amplify your point while challenging not you, but the moderators who seem so reluctant to do anything, to try and convince me this is anything other than a chat bot. Benefit of the doubt is one thing. But I cannot believe at this point that any doubt exists that something not right is going on here. Sadly, at this point it seems that nobody who could do anything about it really cares.

Good point, by the way, about harvesting information.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He has struck again. PS CC 14.2.1  Suggesting Ctrl F (last use filter) as a response to a thread about video card problems.

No. I won't address him directly. I saw where that got you.

He's got 30 points for all his time in the forums odd enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody has to do something here.

He's at it again, another utterly meaningless post in reply to one of mine, again totally out of context, and now he's "following" me and there's not a thing I can do about it!!! I don't want this person "following" me! Stop this madness!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally unacceptable behavior by this user/abuser!  I knoww folks who were banned for a lot less egregious behavior in earlier times.

Just like an "omnipotent" deity that does nothing is not worthy of credibility, a forum staff that only pays lip service to user's complaints cannot be taken seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivated. He did not reply to my PM and continued to post. Just an FYI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  It was creepy, to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He did not reply to my PM and continued to post.

Probably he didn't see your PM because on these new forums it is almost

impossible to see or find anything because the inbox is filled up with

daily postings of threads being followed.

Anyway you are the boss so there is nothing that can be done now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering his off topic responses, copy/pastes,and ignoring other users who asked him to stop, I'd say this was a good call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it was the right call, the only possible one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you PM'd in an attempt to get him to stop, station_two. He was able to read your PM, and he followed you instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. He acknowledged my PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe-admin wrote:

Deactivated.

Appreciated. I was distinctly uncomfortable with this one.

And this "following" business felt like someone was standing outside my bedroom window. I did not like that. There must be some way to stop that - ??!? What is it anyway and what's the purpose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines