Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Well, you got me, Adobe, hahaha,

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you clever devils, you.

Started some recent upgrade and lo and behold, I look, and there's McAfee and something called True Key installing without my permission. Or, rather, I likely unwittingly gave my permission. Like malware.

I dutifully uninstalled, deleted any leftover folders I could find and, when I turned on my computer this morning, there was True Key, sitting there next to my accounts on the Windows sign in page! Yaay!

Stuff like this is why, ever since you bought Macromedia, I always tell people Adobe is one of my most admired companies. Macromedia would never have been so clever.

Sincer--- er, Behance,

Craig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are "optional offers" when you update the Flash player - but checked by default. Yeah, I hate that too.

I'm always careful to uncheck these before I proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm loving the '21' that makes it even more confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

D Fosse wrote:

I'm always careful to uncheck these before I proceed.

But we shouldn't _have_ to be careful to uncheck.  They should be defaulted OFF, not on.  As the OP stated, "like malware".

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi craignelsen,

"True Key" is made by Intel. It's designed to provide other ways for you to sign into your account(s):

True Key™ by Intel Security: Now you are the password

This might come in handy, if you're a lazy person like me or if you tend to forget your password(s)

every now and then.

» How do I uninstall the True Key app from my Windows device or Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox brows...

Kind Regards,

Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines