What About Moderators in the New Forum?

Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the spam thread for awhile and you will see that moderation works well in these webx forums

You will also see messages concerning the LACK of moderation over in the cfusion side of things

Will the new forum software/structure allow for "this" moderation to continue, or will it fall away to "that" style of non-moderation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What About Moderators in the New Forum?

Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the spam thread for awhile and you will see that moderation works well in these webx forums

You will also see messages concerning the LACK of moderation over in the cfusion side of things

Will the new forum software/structure allow for "this" moderation to continue, or will it fall away to "that" style of non-moderation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 17, 2009 0
316 Replies 316
Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderation should be much easier, more like it is here.

One of the big issues on the "other" side is that moderators cannot delete messages. This is because of the "duct tape and chewing gum" NNTP system there. The details are too painful to spell out, but it takes someone with web engineering access to go in and get messages deleted.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2009 0
Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test reply - Please disregard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2009 0
Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another test message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2009 0
Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing again ... patience grasshopper.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2009 0
Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing to see if I can post. This is my forums login .. not my Adobe ID even though I linked them .. twice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2009 0