• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to my display name?

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a display name specified, but after today's forum downtime, my posts only display my original login name.

Anyone else seeing the same...?

P.S. yes, I see that 'jochemd' is now only 'jochemd'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

P.S. yes, I see that 'jochemd' is now only 'jochemd'.

?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Forums profile was reset to displaying my username instead of my full name too. That is fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

My Forums profile was reset to displaying my username instead of my full name too. That is fixed now.

And all your posts from this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/520417?tstart=0

...have vanished.... Don't know about other threads....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happened last Friday due to a human error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

That happened last Friday due to a human error.

Any way of replacing your missing messages so that I don't look like a fool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

For me, that is the least of my worries. I come off looking the fool, when the forum is not hosed!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

No

No what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Yes, that's it. He was answering me, and that was my question. He tends to be rather laconic at times...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Yes, that's it. He was answering me, and that was my question. He tends to be rather laconic at times...

I guess that's one way of putting it politely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

I guess that's one way of putting it politely!

Well, there is really no need of adding more fuel to the fire... And if people will understand anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Aah... would have helped if he'd had the courtesy to quote the message as it was replied to so much later...

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes what do you do to set it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind I figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Well, I'm not seeing your full name right now:

Jochem.JPG

And I am also seeing this:

Yo.JPG

which includes a previously non-existent underscore between my first and my second names.

Addition: I have just noticed this, which is wrong:

Yo2.JPG

and the information displayed when I hover over my name includes some garbage for my email address, which I don't know if it can be used to reconstruct my address, which I have asked to be kept private.

Message was edited by: Claudio_González, Reason: addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some further anomalies I'm seeing:

1. I am not welcome here:

Uno.JPG

2. And I seem to have given a split personality here:

Dos.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Item One of the welcome screen. Have you actually gone to the Welcome Screen and signed in. Do you think that its possible they have detached the sign in Server for Adobe Proper and Adobe Forums. JVD I belive mentioned something about if you tick remember me it sets a cookie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

On Item One of the welcome screen. Have you actually gone to the Welcome Screen and signed in. Do you think that its possible they have detached the sign in Server for Adobe Proper and Adobe Forums. JVD I belive mentioned something about if you tick remember me it sets a cookie.

No, why should I? I am visiting these forums, with no intention of going to the Adobe Store for the time being. Oh, and the Claudio_González replying you is jut me, same old Claudio González, but given a second identity by Clearspace/Adobe.

Addition/Correction: Now it appears that you replied to Claudio_González, but were answered by Claudio González.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going and signing in under your email address rather than your screen name.

I have a problem with the Split Personality thing as well If I sign in using pjonesCET I get the account I opened with Macromedia. my name there is Phillip Jones CET

However if I use my email addresss, then I get this account: My name is Phillip Jones and my user name is listed as PjonesCET.

Try signing out then sign in using your user name. See what happens. The sign out and sign back with your email address and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Have you tried going and signing in under your email address rather than your screen name.

No. I'm still within my 24 hours, so I haven't had to log in. And I have never used my email address as my Adobe ID, and I don't see why I should start now.

I have a problem with the Split Personality thing as well If I sign in using pjonesCET I get the account I opened with Macromedia. my name there is Phillip Jones CET

However if I use my email addresss, then I get this account: My name is Phillip Jones and my user name is listed as PjonesCET.

Try signing out then sign in using your user name. See what happens. The sign out and sign back with your email address and see what happens.

Sorry, I have refused for years to use my email address as my Adobe ID, and I am most certainly not going to start now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you sign in using your email address You will or should still see only either your UserName or your Name  That's been my experience. I've been signingin that way every since the change over in order to use this account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about this:

SeaMonkeypicture001.png

What's up with the arrows                                                       ↑

I've noticed on several pages Maybe the Jive people have been drinking way to much Java

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SeaMonkeypicture001.png

Phillip,

At least you got your beard back. There were posts where I was clean-shaven, and I have not been clean-shaven since 1965! Also, for a bit today, I had white wine in my avatar's glasses!!!! Hope it was a fine Puligny-Montrachet.

Maybe, when I wake up tomorrow and Log-in, things will be OK, like today was just a weird dream, a la David Lynch, or something.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines