Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is "Queued"?

Valorous Hero ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When inserting an image into a post it's nearly instant. But if inserting an attachment (I just did this with a very tiny TXT file) I am seeing an indication of "Queued".

I'm assuming it's waiting in some queue, which seems reasonable, but is this somethiing akin to the avatars? Where we have to wait for a forum moderator to approve it?

advTHANKSance... Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's an automagic process, not like the avatars which i understand is manual. probably scanning for virii...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered the same thing after doing a test with a small *.mov file last night.

The answer I got—posited by Dave Milbut and which makes sense—is that it was put in a queue to be scanned for malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all!

Interesting. I've never known a TXT file to cause issues.

Then again, I suppose someone could theoretically rename something very malicious with an innocuous TXT extension. Can't fathom how that would do harm though as something would have to execute it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All attached files get scanned. Doesn't matter what they are. Reasonable precaution in a weird world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines