• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is the 15 minutes to unmark as a question. what is that mean?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this the abobe support page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum where users like yourself answer each other’s questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - and discuss things that aren't questions, thus the option to unmark as a question (in case you realize shortly after posting, that it's not really a question but is a topic for discussion...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where you posted your question (it seems that it wasn't here), but right now you are in the Forum Comments forum, dedicated to discussions on the forums themselves. So no, this isn't the Adobe Support page, and there isn't one as far as I know. What there is is a number of product forums; the full list is here:

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

These are user to user forums; that is, there is no Adobe personnel assigned to answer questions in them, and it's fellow users who provide the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe,

There are some support pages, such as these, where you can option of a chat with an agent if there is one available (for the former, you may tick I Still Need Help):

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=illustrator&topic=downloading-installing-and-setting-up

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That info message means that you have not uploaded a post AS a "Question," but should you change your mind, you have ~ 15 mins. to alter that, and change the post TO a Question.

As an example, I often post information-only posts to some Adobe Forums - I do NOT list those AS Questions, as they are not, so I get the option to change that, within about 15 mins.. If I have actually posted a Question, I can also change that aspect, within the 15 min. timeframe - changing FROM a Question, to an informational post.

The differences between a Question, and a post that is NOT a Question, is that the OP can assign "Helpful," "Correct," etc., to the Replies to their post. There are a few little display differences, between a Question, and an informational post, but most subscribers never even notice those - such as the little icon changing to green, if a Question has been answered.

Good luck, and hope that helps.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As if it's so terribly important that a discussion not be marked as a question that there had to be special programming in the forum implementation to manage a timeout.

What if Jive had reallocated the engineering time they spent to develop that silly "feature" instead to make the forum software work just a bit more smoothly in normal operation.  Somewhere, there is an alternative universe...

Joe, just ignore it.  It's really not significant.

-Noel

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

Going back in time (the "fair forums"), there was a similar "time-out," but it was for one to Edit their posts (provided that no one had Replied to it yet), and it had a 30 min. timeframe, IIRC. One got a message to the effect of "While you cannot go back in time, you have 30 mins. to Edit your post... " or very similar syntax.

Maybe Jive incorporated a bit of a version of that?

As for having either a Question, or a non-Question post, when initially posted, I am not sure of the usefulness of that, though I do often post non-Questions, and especially in The Video Lounge. I could live with it either as it is, or with ONLY the option for posting a Question. Would not be an issue for me, either way.

Hunt

PS - Like the graphic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that unmarking one's post as a question is completely useless. As I commented in the fair forums when we were asked for suggestion for the version to come, I would find much more useful a feature there is in at least one other (non-Adobe) set of forums I frequent: a short period (perhaps a minute or so) where one's post isn't really posted, therefore allowing one to correct those typos one doesn't see until one's message is posted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I start a new thread, it is always a non question, and I find it a bit disturbing to have to ignore and avoid all the buttons in every post.

Occasionally, I have mishit and unintentionally marked something. Luckily, I found out that I could unmark again, but still a disturbance.

So I should prefer the option of switching with no time limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines