• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the difference between "URL" and "My URL"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am filling out my Adobe profile, and it's kind of confusing.  I guess Adobe tried making it look like a social media site with similar features, but it doesn't seem to be working that way aside from appearance.

For example, there is a field called URL and another field called My URL.  What is the difference between them and what is the purpose?  Is it how you allow people to link to your Adobe profile so people can follow your posts, etc?  Confused, please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

As it says on the profile page - only one of those fields is visible to anyone else. The other is just a side effect of the software platform we use, it's hidden from everyone except you, because it was being abused by spammers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it says on the profile page - only one of those fields is visible to anyone else. The other is just a side effect of the software platform we use, it's hidden from everyone except you, because it was being abused by spammers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why is one hidden and not the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The hidden one would have been turned into a working hyperlink (something we can't stop the forums software from doing). The visible one is plaintext, so it has no allure for the spammers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines