• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the forum - forum?

Advocate ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the "English New Forums Discussions" forum, I just saw this comment by Dorothy K:

If people what their comments seen, and more likely answered, the main comments section that the forum staff and developers are watching is at http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

referring to this forum.

If this is official ( Dorothy is not tagged as "Adobe" ), then please fix the entry on this page:

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

Sub-section "General Forums"

It has links for both "Forum Comments" and "New Forum Discussions", where the latter should apparently be "deprecated" while IMO it at least sounds "newer".

Please also leave a message whether we should re-post here 

Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dirk Becker  wrote:

In the "English New Forums Discussions" forum, I just saw this comment by Dorothy K:

If people what their comments seen, and more likely answered, the main comments section that the forum staff and developers are watching is at http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

referring to this forum.

If this is official ( Dorothy is not tagged as "Adobe" ), then please fix the entry on this page:

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

Sub-section "General Forums"

It has links for both "Forum Comments" and "New Forum Discussions", where the latter should apparently be "deprecated" while IMO it at least sounds "newer".

Please also leave a message whether we should re-post here 

Dirk

She's tagged now. For better or for worse. (There will be varying opinions, most of which don't interest me.)

The latter was (still is) the discussion about the new forum software during the preview period, before the software went "live" officially today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be two forums, but they were merged together as all the comments are about this forum. So now they're one in the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John: I think it would be better if only Adobe officials like yourself commented on Adobe's position regarding the new Forums.

AFAIK Dorothy has no official status in these forums and it might lead to a confused message. I for one am extremely happy to see Adobe employees contributing more and hope that will be a trend going forward in these forums. The badging for employees is a great idea to; lets casual observers know whom are the official sources/people.

Dorothy this isn't a personal attack and I have no axe to grind with you, I'm sure you're good in your particular product knowledge. But I for one, prefer to hear Officially what is happening with the forums. That way the chance of mixed messages is reduced.

Community Experts IMHO should relegate their comments to their particular Adobe application strengths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record, Dorothy claims no particular product expertise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Dorothy is here to help with forums administration, not specific products. But the final word on things will come from someone with an Adobe badge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly have a Problem with my screen Name and I don't have the ability now to change it.

My adobe.com  Screen name is supposed to be PjonesCET.

Suddenly its morphed into PJones, CET

This also is supposed to be the same as my Forum Screen name can someone straighten it out.?

I tried to edit it in Adobe.com but it refuse to allow me to do so.

Message was edited by: PHILLIP JONES, CET (PjonesCET)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can tell, you might be logging in with two different Adobe IDs. You have two accounts in the forum. One screen name is PJones, CET and the other is PjonesCET. One has PHILLIP JONES as the real name, the other has Phillip Jones. One has an email adobe ID the other doesn't.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe.com ID is  or was PjonesCET

And my WebX  User Id  was pjonesCET and before the switch over I changed it to be the same as my Adobe.com ID

Yesterday It was fine.  Today suddenly they changed it to PJones, CET. In neither case is it supposed to have the Comma nor the all caps in my Name.

I would like both the adobe.com and the forum to use the same name. Perhaps I need to resign in under my email address?

I think the other account come about when they merged  Macromedia and Adobe. The other was probably my sign in name for DreamWeaver I haven't visited that site in Years because I never could get any answers from the group. Newbies were not welcome at the time I was in that group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I re-signed in under my email address  and it shows up correctly

The other time I signed in using the PjonesCET as user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJones, CET wrote:

My Adobe.com ID is  or was PjonesCET

And my WebX  User Id  was pjonesCET and before the switch over I changed it to be the same as my Adobe.com ID

Nothing about your name was carried over from Web Crossing. Your old web crossing name went away with those forums.

The account migration/association thing there was to say which Adobe ID your messages would get associated with. But it didn't do anything with/to your name. Your old WebX name is gone and replaced by the screen name that was on the Adobe ID you associated your account with.

Your forum name and your Adobe ID screen name should be the same unless you have gone into your Forum preferences and told it to use what is in your Real Name field as your name in the Forums.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well when I signed in orginally with my email address which signed me in as PjonesCET

However, when I attempeted to sign is as PjonesCET this strange PJones, CET thing came up.

Anyway I jnow how to avoid the problem just sign with my email addresss.

Curiios thing though the date to which it had me as joining under the other ID was 2003 and 730 plus emails attributed to me.

Under th ID I am supposed to use (which is the same on Abobe com and supposedly her the 2003 date is their which is wrong I've actually been on since the orignal start with Webx (acrobat 4) has me listed with about 25-30 post. Doesn't really make any difference to me but is a curiosity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Dorothy is here to help with forums administration, not specific products. But the final word on things will come from someone with an Adobe badge.

And that would be you. How disappointed I am with some of the decisions. Merging is major.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What merging?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac & Windows in some areas, eg InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that avatar a good representation of you Kath?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Aha! My exploration hadn't got that far.

I think the forums with less traffic won't come to any harm.

My impression is that it's the Photoshop area where those rough Windows types cause so much grief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My impression is that it's the Photoshop area where those rough Windows types cause so much grief.

You will see the Photoshop Mac forum dwindle and then they will have an excuse to merge that one as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because somebody has some badge does not relieve you from your duty to carefully evaluate for yourself how much value their words carry. Their badge could be a factor in that decision, because a badge essentially means that there is somebody somewhere who values their input so you may want to think twice before you dismiss their input. But in the end you have to decide for yourself, neither Adobe badges nor Community Expert badges force you to accept anything at face value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines