• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What needs to be changed on the forum

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big issue is, as I have said time and again, Nested replies. They have to GO the sooner the better.

Now other stuff

1. The main list of forums need to be listed in Alphabetical order. This Popular stuff is just ridiculous and Stupid. Popular to who/what. When someone comes to this forum they are looking for help with a specific Adobe program. So having a list of those programs in alphabetical order just makes sense. Popular is fine if this was a Social Media site but it isn't. It is the main Adobe Support site.

2. An actual description of what each forum is for. OK maybe that isn't needed for program/forum like InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and the like but the Get started forum, which is on top in the Popular sort order, get a lot of posts that should not be there, IE for other programs. 

So for forums like the Lounge, Community Help, Community Feedback and maybe a few others need those descriptions.

3. when going to a forum you need to list the username of the person that started the discussion. The date the discussion was started "AND"  the Date/Time the last reply was made (Actually has anyone that is working on setting this forum up ever been to the older JIVE based Adobe forum or any forum at all before? If they have I can't see how they thought what they were putting out was OK. It is NOT).

4. The list of topic titles need to be hightlighted, Bold, for topics that are new or newly replied to and the ones that have already been read Not highlighted, not bold, per each user. This has been asked for many times.

5 Get rid of the File Attachment box at the bottom of the screen and put an icon in the Tool bar for that. It should of never been there in the first place.

6. Tuner on Auto Spell check. Having to Click an icon in the tool bar is Silly, Stupid. This is almost 2020, Wake up.

Funny but when there was the One Line Reply box for replying to a reply Auto Spell check worked there.

7. And My favorite, Wait for it. GET RID OF NESTED REPLYING.

I have more, of course. But need to leave the house. Good day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Great suggestions.

I imagine there are a lot of suggestions going into the pot, and the developers are feeling overawed. for me I really liked the old Jive forum, its was easy and I got used to any quirks. Bringing that back or matching it would suit me fine. 

it would have been so nice to have had a questionnaire, wishlist before this happened -

i.e. Dear ACP's: you can have everything the Jive forum version had - and what would you like to add ;~}

That's dreamland I suppose

neil barstow, c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great suggestions.

I imagine there are a lot of suggestions going into the pot, and the developers are feeling overawed. for me I really liked the old Jive forum, its was easy and I got used to any quirks. Bringing that back or matching it would suit me fine. 

it would have been so nice to have had a questionnaire, wishlist before this happened -

i.e. Dear ACP's: you can have everything the Jive forum version had - and what would you like to add ;~}

That's dreamland I suppose

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines