Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what's going on now?!!

Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

id & password issue. just had to do a link with the store & coldfusion id, and now i'm not sure what's going on. but i just got in here... AHH!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 155 Replies 155
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layout of what page?

There is a cookie issue affecting the logins. Sometimes you have to log in twice. Once you are in you should be fine. All of the issues being reported have been there all along, but masked because of the permanent cookie. But with that cookie expiring we're all running into the issues today.

I just wish it happened on a Monday instead of a Friday/Saturday overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

once you're in, you seem to be fine. but a browser restart forces a re-login... for me anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, for the time being there is a browser session-based cookie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fine now, but earlier just moving from one forum to another, or trying to post, logged me out several times. I didn't stay logged in. So, not as simple as browser-session cookie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Frequently Asked Questions on upcoming changes to Adobe Forums

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c39d/

Can you move this up a level please John, so red flags show up in the main forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to keep logging in constantly and linking my two ids did not work.

I could not even link my user id here to my Adobe id. It says my user id here is already taken?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to lose my scree name and shall not give up easily!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's bound to be bumps in the road. Fortunately this system isn't being used for keeping planes in the air or the like. We have the option to come back later when things are settled rather than desperately looking for another airfield.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2009 Feb 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a pain, does not remember my login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same old same old. It ain't broke, so let's fix it.....

This login farce is just a portent of things to come, as it was last time ... and the time before that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please leave it alone! It is screwing up my login...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Does this garbage get tested? We went through this nonsense the last time Adobe made a Great Change to the U2U forums

Indeed. I hope that the people that are engineering this new stuff remember that period in the past, and not go through all that again.

I too think that "if it ain't broke don't fix it". The forums work like clockwork and after the previous mess I was anticipating years of trouble free operations.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go ahead and break it. programmers need work!!! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unbelievable that Adobe is going to do this nonsense AGAIN. Please stop worrying about changing the forums and put those resources on fixing the bugs in the CS4 software - gezz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> It is unbelievable that Adobe is going to do this nonsense AGAIN.

Yes, they just don't get it. We like it the way it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prophetic indeed - from the last time 'round:

pjonesCET, "Need New Forum Setup" #4, 18 Dec 2007 11:21 am

Maybe Adobe has gotten too big - it's being run like the public service now, with people looking for ways of justifying their jobs by appearing to be busy formulating and enacting projects that nobody wanted or asked for. Adobe is not even getting that right - in the public service it's done by not actually doing or achieving anything.... it's a real skill, I believe.

As Dave pointed out, even the justification of it being survey driven is suspect - has anyone here actually been surveyed on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People who like the forums as is are happy to keep using them. Some people who don't like them just put up with them the way they are. Some people who don't like them don't use them - and we've been told that forum use is declining.

Of course declining use could be due to other factors - a program with a really good interface and well-written manual or help file needs no forum support because no questions need be asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are also a lot of people that bought Creative Suite (or whatever) that are using programs from it that are in two completely different sets of forums that are not interlinked. So a Dreamweaver user can't stay in the same forums when he has a Photoshop question. Now that is an incredibly sloppy way to do business, from the customers perspective. They don't know or care about the history of the forums, they just wonder why in the world there are two forums for different products in the same box of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The survey ran last Feb, March, and April. It was linked to from every forum page (in the same place the "coming soon" info about the new forums appears). There were also links on the main page on Adobe.com and over in the other forums.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember doing the survey. I basically said the non-MM Adobe forums' current setup worked just fine and any change shouldn't break that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>- and we've been told that forum use is declining.

Duh! Haven't they figured out that many users just don't come back after experiencing the all too frequent slowdowns?

and that many others just give up because of the overwhelming forum index page?

and that the search function here has been less than optimal? It's easier to use Google to find things here than on the internal search engine. Once Google points them in other directions, folks often just give up on the forums.

Dorothy's point is also valid: the "suite" thing, even though I've never bought a suite myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> There are also a lot of people that bought Creative Suite (or whatever) that are using programs from it that are in two completely different sets of forums that are not interlinked. So a Dreamweaver user can't stay in the same forums when he has a Photoshop question.

The problem I see with this is that the Adobe forum way of doing things has been much much better than the MM forum way of doing things. Every time you migrate you use the MM model and usernames etc. It is very annoying. Many of us have been with the Adobe forums for a very long time. Create a DW forum with the same structure and you won't get any argument. How hard is it to just add new forums to Adobe forums?

I have been using DW forums for a long time too and I just don't like the way it is set up. I would rather have the separation than to have Adobe forums like the MM forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Create a DW forum with the same structure and you won't get any argument. How hard is it to just add new forums to Adobe forums?

exactly. how many new programs did they get with the merger. 10-ish? less? create 10 new forums and be done with it.

put up a note on all the MM forum pages that in X number of days on so and so date the MM forums will go away. they need to use the adobe forums for the product of their choice. they then need to create adobeforum ids just like the rest of us did.

easy peasy. ;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, you are daydreaming...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines