Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's up with the time stamp?

Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the message below at 09.53 local.

My preferences are for local.

What's going on?

time.jpg

Edit: it's correct on this thread!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observed a similar effect yesterday morning immediately after logging in, and it went gradually in a few minutes. In my case, it was a -2 hour difference with my local time (GMT - 4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Jive Bug.  Like I've said before, nothing "Jiveware generated" on this forum is reliable.  Nothing.  Literally - none of the information at all.  (Heck even some of the static stuff has been screwy in the past with text links appearing on top of other stuff.)

Post count, last poster, "this question is possibly answered", timestamps, threads displayed on the current page, the number of pages in the thread... NOTHING can be trusted.  The only thing semi-accurate is the text the users here write into the posts.  But even that isn't perfect, given the problems I've noticed when sometimes doing an update that "doesn't take" the first time.  Pathetic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2009 Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow John, you must be a brave man!  Last time a discussion came up about timestamps, Claudio got stamped! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

Wow John, you must be a brave man!  Last time a discussion came up about timestamps, Claudio got stamped! 

Hopper, please be clear. Are you saying that I was given some sort of seal, or that I was kicked while lying on the floor? Be careful, we have wardens watching... Although, to be fair, I should say that they have been lately less active than usual. Which, in my most humble opinion, is a blessing to the atmosphere around here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Be careful, we have wardens watching... Although, to be fair, I should say that they have been lately less active than usual. Which, in my most humble opinion, is a blessing to the atmosphere around here.

Careful... they're just waiting to catch us off guard and then wham!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Swiss must be playing with that super duper partical collider they have causing a time warp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2009 Oct 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudio!

that would be kicked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopper, I was thinking along the lines of the first five definitions in here:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stamp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's be real. I do not think, in a verb point of view, that the first 5 can be done nor can ever happen in these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

figuratively speaking, of course! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stamp

Since we're listing dictionary definitions, I can't resist but provide the old Jhabrix-inspired Jive definition to help us remember how likely this problem is to ever be addressed:

New definition of Jive at dictionary.com:

-noun

1) An amateur developer, particularly one who develops web forums in IT. ex. Jives are cheap to hire, but will negatively affect your bottom line unless you have exceptionally dishonest salespeople.

-verb

1) To screw over. ex. Wow, you really jived that company up this time!

-adjective

1) Extremely slow, to such an extreme as to render unusable. ex. These forums are so jive, most of us are going to have to find an alternative now.

2) Deceiving or misleading; dishonest. ex. The jive snake oil salesman sold another one of his useless products to an unsuspecting customer.

3) Useless or not worth bothering with. ex. This software is too jive to purchase.

4) Severely wrong morally; excessively punishing. ex. That's jived up man. That's just jived up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time stamp gone wrong again.

This posted at 16.06 GMT

Edit: now it's correct again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop teasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this immediately after logging in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Was this immediately after logging in?

Not at all. The only thing I noticed before it happened was that the forums slowed down to a 40 second page load time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, let's hope there is someone taking notes of our reports...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Well, let's hope there is someone taking notes of our reports...

I doubt it.  Even if they are, it's most likely something the Jives need to fix and it's probably about number 54321 on their list of bugs.  I've already written off anything not written by a user (and some things written by certain users ) as unreliable anyway, long ago.

It seems to have the consistency of the "post update bug" that I see sometimes.  (Perhaps that is a clue to the problem?  Not that I care one bit to do free testing for those incompetent bastards at Jive.  I edit/update posts a LOT as a bad habit, so I probably have more opportunities to see that bug..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem seems to be back now.

Edit: gone by now, but this message took 2 minutes to get posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines