• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what's with the haters?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has been incredible, both from sales and technical support staff.  Personable, capable.

The products are great, run faster than previous iterations, installation is quick and smooth as a baby's bottom, and while I was deeply skeptical when I learned of the CC policy, I am totally impressed at the exectuion of this model.

Kudos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations. I hope there are millions of others who think and feel the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seriously doubt it. Either the person above is incredibly lucky, or is currying favor.

Besides lackluster support. They switched to this subscription service that many of their customers can't afford or have Internet connections to poor to use the service. Many of us feel like that Adobe did this to cull their customer base so that only fortune 500 companies can use their services. They will leave out Many school systems, No profits such as Churches, non-profit organizations, that simply can't afford subscription service. And small potatoes type people such as myself that can not afford subscription nor have decent enough Internet connection.

So they have teed off about 85% of their market.

So if everything is hunkey-dory for you more power to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did this to cull their customer base so that only fortune 500 companies can use their services.

Funny that idea.  I've actually seen in influx of people who clearly have no formal education or training in the field since CC went live.

nor have decent enough Internet connection.

You understand that you don't need that to run the software on a daily basis, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize you don't have to run application every day. Problem is I have issues with my cable modem connection every day. I have to reset the modem at least once a day every day and in hot weather up to 5 times a Day and even though I am supposed be using 16 MB bandwidth I'd be surprised if on average I get 2-3 MB some times worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That won't matter.  The programs only check in once a month, and can go for up to three months without checking and still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Human nature. People complaint more than they congratulate. Not many users come here to say that they were treated the way they should be. And if one feels he/she is not properly taken care of, one will be quite vocal about it; and it is understandable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thanks for reporting that you are happy! Do you have the names of the employees that helped you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NealStiffelman wrote:

Adobe has been incredible, both from sales and technical support staff.  Personable, capable.

The products are great, run faster than previous iterations, installation is quick and smooth as a baby's bottom, and while I was deeply skeptical when I learned of the CC policy, I am totally impressed at the exectuion of this model.

Kudos.

It's great you have a solution that works for you, but for many small businesses we just can't afford another monthly bill and be left empty handed when the contract expires.

It's clear to me this move is motivated by greed instead of service or convenience. I've downloaded my CS suites in the past rather than have a disc shipped, exactly how the CC is distributed. The only difference between the two is licensing.

As I've suggested in other threads, keep both models. Introduce new features to subscribers first then phase them in for the disc-based users over time. This incentivizes users to subscribe, but gives the rest of us an option to purchase and use the software as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm ok with that too. Now i pay in 3 years "similar to Master Col" what i would pay in my country for one perpetual licence simillar to Design Standard. Everyone said before CC, they upgrade software every 3 years, so i dont get where is the problem? Why is everyone so mad? And i'm not from some rich country, not at all! When i started, i had few bucks in my pocket and that was the time when CC started. I use it one year now and never had a problem. I pay for it more happily then my telephone bills or taxes. Its 60 bucks a month, come on! Thats almost what World of Warcraft kids pay! And you use this stuff for living or as hobby.

The only problem i see is if Adobe will try to rip us off and make it like 120 a month, then setting up some premium account for 400 a month and we know Adobe likes to do such things... oh, shhhh, dont give them ideas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC is deal breaker for us. I'm not willing to fork out over $9.500 a year for the privilege of running Adobe's software and then have nothing at all to show for it when we terminate the subscription. That's clearly ridiculous. Meanwhile, we can still keep using the most stable version of CS - CS3. We paid for it, we own it, it still works, all these years later. We could also keep using CS6 but it's a bug-riddled distaster of a product that will unfortunately never receive the bug-fixes it needs.

As far as customer service - it's great when you are buying something from them, non-existant if you have a technical problem or a glaring bug that needs fixing. Then good luck talking to a human being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>could also keep using CS6 but it's a bug-riddled distaster of a product that will unfortunately never receive the bug-fixes it needs

Well, the PProCS6 AVCHD bug will be fixed http://forums.adobe.com/message/5493187#5493187

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Adobe is definitely great but it's just in the human nature to take part with/against sth just to be on a side. To them, it doesn't matter if Adobe makes or not good products. They just hate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines