Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what the heck happened to my user id?

Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the threads are "unread" and my id has magically changed. did i get flagged by "the man" or something? i'm going to try simply changing it back, but i wanted someone to see this... screenshot follows. i did NOT change my id or in any way mess with my preferneces. haven't been in there (prefs) for a month or more.

1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and look at THIS?!!

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. logged out and logged back in and NOW look! something is definately screwy!

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but now my post count and avatar is back?!!

as long as i'm me... let's leave it alone... but let this be another chapter in the chronicles of jive.

4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you've been a victim of the infamous account splitting...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you've been a victim of the infamous account splitting...

i was thinking that, but it seems to have cleared up...

full scenario.

i came into work and unlocked my system (had remained on all night - xp pro sp3, firefox 3.0.10).

i noticed i was STILL LOGGED IN HERE from yesterday.

hit refresh knowing that being on my home machine last night would have invalidated this login. nope. still logged in, at least it looked like it, even after refresh.

so i logged off using the "Sign Out" link at hte top of the page.

5.jpg

that worked and i hit login (the one that appears where my avatar and "welcome, dave milbut" appares in the shot above).

logged in with my normal login and password. refreshed page back to start of 2 forums in seperate tabs (ps lounge and this forum).

i went to click on a topic in the lounge about buying a new monitor ("Ezio Monitors") and got the 404. i refreshed and the switched tabs to this forum. refreshed and went to page 2 to find the 404 thread.

posted there that the 404 issue was still happening and that's when i noticed the issue.

edited to add quote...

Message was edited by: dave milbut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least yours resolved itself...  Mine is still split, but I can't log into the other one anymore, the one that has my correct history...  I and I are the #8 and #9 top posters on the Illy forum.  The JAh5zl one is my original account...   John C said they were working on a fix for the split accounts, and that it went live with the last forum update, but it didn't fix my account.

Picture 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you go through the log out and reload and login stuff i described above? doubt it'll help, but then again, it might...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did.  I logged out, using the button up top, then went to communities->forum or however you get there from the main page and logged back in and it logged in as the same old new me.

This has been since 4/28...  135 points ago!  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya i figured. worth a shot. i guess i was lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's pretty Jived up.  What causes this?  Did you have to have two accounts (diff forums) or something?

And please..The Chronicles of Jive?  Riddick was just so much better.  Vin Diesel would kick Dr Jive's..____.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jesse said, we have seen this before. But this time something is different. In the prior cases it did not fix itself. And your new account would have a generic avatar, the old account with the strange characters at the end would still have your avatar on it.

The new account would have no message history or points/status. But you still have that available.

I need to do more digging into your accounts to see if I can figure out what to report on this one.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks john. like i said, i think i was lucky. but i did want to provide you with documentation so that's why so many posts in a row there...

edit: i'd give you points, but only dave milbut-JAx6J3 can do that here, apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesse,

I do have a way to give you back the old account now. But then you will lose the history associated with the new one (which appears to have more messages than the old one). Let me know if you want me to do that.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that sucks.

What's more important, points or date of inception?  Should I just hold out for a fix that won't delay my second meatball?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a possibility of combining the accounts back together once the issue is resolved. But I don't want to make that promise yet, as I am not the person who would be making the changes.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe-admin wrote:

There is a possibility of combining the accounts back together once the issue is resolved. But I don't want to make that promise yet, as I am not the person who would be making the changes.

John

That not the only thing I attempted to upload the screen shot this morning show the alter ego Dave was this morning. It uploaded fine and showed fine. but when posted, it simply refered to a URL Link.

Then I turne right around and clicked edit, removed the item, re uploaded the screen shoot and reposted this time it stuck.

Looks as if the Server was flacky  thi morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesseham wrote:

Oh that sucks.

What's more important, points or date of inception?  Should I just hold out for a fix that won't delay my second meatball?

Points are certainly not important, as they are a Jive concept entirely and many people ignore them.  Some even ignore posters with high points figuring they are just out to get more points, rather than provide good information.  Sorry about your Jived up account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The up-side is, if you get the correct random alphanumeric suffix one day, you win a free Adobe lapel button!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut-JAx6J3 wrote:

all the threads are "unread" and my id has magically changed. did i get flagged by "the man" or something? i'm going to try simply changing it back, but i wanted someone to see this... screenshot follows. i did NOT change my id or in any way mess with my preferneces. haven't been in there (prefs) for a month or more.

That's not the half of it you are now known as:

SeaMonkeypicture001.jpg

Maybe you've gathered so many points you've broke the system or someone is mad it you.

I can guarantee it isn't me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines