• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when an image is inserted here using clipboard, it appears in the editor, but it does not appear in

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when an image is inserted here in forum po editor using clipboard, it appears in the editor, but it does not appear in the post. When the image is inserted from a file, it works

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the upper part of the box for writing messages there is a button with an icon looking like a camera. If you hover your cursor over it, you'll see it says "Insert Image". And that's what it is there for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not completely sure, why you are pointing out the very same thing I'm pointing out too. If you re-read my original post thoroughly, you will find - at its very end - the sentence "When the image is inserted from a file, it works". Since I'm not aware of the way how to insert the image from a file in a procedure other, then clicking the "camera" icon, I hold such a sentence for more then enough to point out, that the camera icon works fine for me (if you re-read my post thoroughly and pay detailed attention of my expression "using clipboard", then you shall definitely evaluate this expression as covering both ways an image can reach the cliboard, eg. Copying from a graphical editor/processor or dragging&dropping a graphical file).

However more then this, your post does in fact NOT reply to the fact, why the WYSIWYG editor box allows the insertion of an image from clipboard, but then fails to upload it and thus it is not displayed in the post.

For the sake of completness, I must also point out, that your last sentence of your post "And that's what it is there for" does not bring much clarity about that thing - while I fully understand, as one can observe from my "When the image...it works" sentence, the functionality, purpose and propper handling of the "camera" icon, I cannot agree with such a behaviour of the editor, that allows an operation to be done (What You See) that does not affect the outcoming result (Is What You Get).

From the theory of designing (G)UIs one may learn, that in such a case the operation should either fulfill completly (eg. display the clipboard-inserted image in the resulting post) or fail completly in the beginning (when Pasting the image into the text), either silently (just not displaying the image in the editor field) or with an error warning such as "Insertion of images/bitmaps from clipboard is not permitted". For Windows-like environments (such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Explorer, KDE, Gnome, IceWm....) the change of the dragging cursor to display a kind of "No way" or "no entry" pictogram, is also advisable.

For the sake of completness of my reaction I also might percieve your last sentence as a kind of irony or sarcasm, which however I definitely do not find appropriate behaviour, more over I might call it an "arogant rudeness" in case of such a "VIP" member with more then 9000 posts in the time when this post is being written, with a hint of overworking, malicous intends, inattention, ego-centricism or any other personal failure(s) or a combination of them, that you should - in case they are present - definitely pay attention to in your private life.

Moreover, let me please point out, that Im not much pleased about the way this forum works with its users, since I find the bug I have discovered, only a small one (a category B one might say in the A-B-C scheme, eg. a category, that does not directly influence or prohibit the execution of the main business cases, however it may result in discomfort, data loss or operation repetition, such a category would be most possibly a category C in the A-B-C-D scheme). Therefore I must explicitly express my annoyance that you have the guts to handle the post I did like this, when - in my opinion - the post has been written in such a manner that it was merly a polite point out of a small bug, thus it was kept as brief as possible, but fully covering the description of the scenario, alternate scenarios and their outcomes. Moreover, I'm definitely displeased, that you allow yourself to post such a post, that - instead of exploring the matter - throws the whole matter on the head and inside-out, or, one may say, kicks the bucket, and forces the original author, in this case me, for re-accounting for himself, moreover the ambivalency of your post opens such many possibilities to account for, that the time and resources the self-accounting autor has to spent, heavily overweighting the importance, significance and impact of the bug itslef.

So let me please advise you for the next time:

- to explore posts with more thoroughness, evaluating their expressions and sentences much more deeply, rather then just glance through on their surface

- think twice before answering and try to figure out how such answer might be percieved

- try to do less posts, but with higher quality

- try to employ more politeness and correct behaviour

- approach the matter with more humble and curious attitude rather then with a "I-know-everyting-better" standpoint

With regards

Lukas Plachy

Misstypes corrected by rheingold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find admirable your capacity for drawing taxative conclusions about my personality, my intentions, my qualifications, my politeness or lack of, my particiption in the design and workings of the forum, and much more, from a less that three lines message. Which essentially says the same than station_two's. And although I also admire your kind efforts to teach me how to behave in these forums, I am afraid that I may be unable to follow all the guides in your long-winded lesson. In fact, it is so long that I couldn't read and comprehend all of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I allready stated and as you support by your own words, I would much more prefere a more thoroughness in reading my posts. If you would have bothered in reading these, one might sucessfully doubt that you would draw such words as "taxative conclusions". As you may have observed, the text merly dissects those possibilities, that could have resulted in your aforementioned three lines of text, stating these motions, opinions and views of yours - quite clearly a and frank, I think - as possible, but not necessarily existent. Thus while they may be "taxative" (even there are open lists in my post, which would speak on the contrary rather about an "illustrative" approach), they definitely cannot be regarded as "concluded" opinions.

Moreover, main stress is given to the annoyance of mine due to an ambivalent declaration such as yours, that does not explicitly reveal and correctly expose your motions, thus resulting in an unnecessary effort to understand and adress those of them, that seem possible.

However there is none of such explanations of the way you have answered, that would satisfy what I have asked in the first place in a meaningful and reasonable manner, which is a conditiion I definitely can not go on with. So while station_two's post is merely a practical joke, a footnote one might say, that does not seem to result in any practical change of state of the dialogue, your post is more dangerous from the viewpoint of theory of dialogue, since it threatens to represent a pseudo-relevant answer, that, while the problem not being understood, adressed or solved in any way, tryies to simulate all these qualities while hinting an impoliteness or discreditation of the original author, and more, doing so by abusing the improper understanding of the problem by the speaker, eg. you, in the first place. Which is something I am unfortunatelly not able to tolerate, when executed on my person, not mentioning the fact, that something like this closes the dialogue sealing it off to any solution of the problem that has been adressed.

So please, before next times you start adressing - whatever the last sentence of your second post should mean - the lengthiness and a comprehendtion of a text/post, one may suggest you correct those conditions, that have lead to such a text first.

With regards

LP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rheingold wrote:

when an image is inserted here in forum po editor using clipboard, it appears in the editor, but it does not appear in the post. When the image is inserted from a file, it works

That is as designed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rheingold wrote:

It does.  I tried it at this link:

<http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1372003>

I have posted my image there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I shall test it again (btw.: FF 26.0):

Nope, unfortunatelly not ... still not working. Now I try this in edit mode once again:

No, under booth of the lines above a test image should have appeared, which unfortunatelly did not hapen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the image from the web and this could be reason it worked.  all it does is copy the image location and pulls it over.  If you try it from word or some other progs it may not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That could have been it, since a clipboard can carry multiple formats at a time, but nevetherless, an image copied only as a bitmap should not appear in the editor at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines