Exit

Where are they?

Guide ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this morning (11/20) this is the opening page I get for the forums:

Opening.jpg

My question is; when going through the 'All Forums' drop-down menu, some things seem to be missing:

Typography

Desgin

Print Design

Web Design

are the ones I've noticed so far.

Granted, these are neither the most populous nor the most active of the forums but, unless you are intending to discontinue them entirely, people (especially newcomers) need to be able to find them somehow. Else, you'd better quit complaining about people posting in the wrong forums.

I also noticed the Foum Lounge is missing from the list, and that it's been gutted again (nothing over two weeks old). That is no surprise, since you've been trying to kill it for years, now. I just hope that when you do, someone has the brains to salvage some of the better threads in the Lounge Repository. Though old, there is still some good general advice in many of those threads.

--OB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I can't get a link to address by right clicking on icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob,

As far as I can see, the issue consists of, or is triggered by, the separate group called General Forums being left out. All the forums you mention belong(ed) to that group, including the Lounge.

Earlier, it was shown separately together with the International forums at the bottom of the page, beneath the high flyers.

They can all (still) be reached by bookmarks, if you have them, or by these links (to the Discussion pages):

Typography:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/design_development/typography?view=discussions&start=0

Print Design:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/design_development/printdesign?view=discussions

Design:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/design_development/design?view=discussions

Web Design:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/design_development/webdesign?view=discussions

Lounge (as you know, but most may not):

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/lounge?view=discussions#/?per_page=100

I am inclined to believe that it is by mistake rather than on purpose, because I doubt whether those other forums are doomed; at least I hope so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be added to the drop-down list:

<http://forums.adobe.com/community/alert?view=discussions>

What is the point of having a forum which nobody can find?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

OldBob,

As far as I can see, the issue consists of, or is triggered by, the separate group called General Forums being left out. All the forums you mention belong(ed) to that group, including the Lounge.

Actually, only the Lounge was part of General. The others were part of the Design group.

And I do have them bookmarked. My point was that new arrivals will have no idea those forums even exist, let alone be able to find them.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, only the Lounge was part of General. The others were part of the Design group.

Right you are, OldBob.

And about the other things elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All...

Well, I guess the only thing I can really say is:

First they killed the nntp... and decimated the forums (fora). Now, they've re-effed the whole shebang. Guess there's no point in really pouring out one's sorrows. Better to just go and drown them...

Cheers! And, hopefully, soon, hic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, just one more step forwards to make participation in the forums more difficult all the time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about the dumbest "improvement" I have ever seen!  Now we have to scroll through an enormous list trying to determind how Adobe has chjosen to list the forums.

This whole Adobe/Jive situation is hopelessly screwed up and has been since day one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As they say; "Two steps forward, and one step back."

Or in this case; Two steps forward, fall on your face and roll all the way back down the mountain.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957 wrote:

As they say; "Two steps forward, and one step back."

That was the old common sense saying.  The new saying develped by Adobe and Jive is "One step forward and two steps back".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No guys... it's all wrong... the new mantra is... "jus' keep backin' up..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob,

As I have just found out, Typography, Design, Print Design, and Web Design, are hidden away under the label Design Forums in the All forums dropdown list.

But you have to know that they have been bundled there to ever find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That whole list is very sloppily configured... it's not in alphabetical order and very easy to miss something....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They had a Fellow from Jive to redesign it, since they (Jive) does such a good job with the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That too, Shunith.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've always thought that name, 'Jive', says it all....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines