• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Adobe Product for a Photographer just getting started.

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new user but have been a Photographer for years. Shooting Fine Art landscapes and Enviromental Portrraits. I have purchsed Elements 11 and have Lightroom 4.4. Which of these is best to start with or should i try something else?

Regards

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For doing what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you need depends on your purpose.

If you are a high end proffesional there is no substitute for photo shop.

If you are a starting professonal or high end hobbyist photoshop elements, corel paint-shop or xara photo & design plus will all work.

If you are a hobbyist, why are you looking at adobe... There are mid grade hobbyist products as light room and serif photo plus and hundreds of 100$ or less cheap stuff.

There are many options out there to adobe. Depends on how much $ you can spend and what level of product you demand. If you have the money and demand the best go for photo shop if not consider alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

While there is cross-over, between LR and PsE (assume that you mean Photoshop Elements 11), there are also differences.

For just "processing" Images, LR will likely do what you want. If, however, you need to go beyond that processing, then PsE steps up, with more involved "correction," and some fairly sophisticated compositing.

For more info on each program, each has very active forums, and users will be happy to help you out.

Somewhere, I have seen a chart with the capabilities of Ps (full version), PsE and LR, but cannot find my bookmark now.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill: Thanks. I am planning on starting now with Lightroom 5 and then if needed move up to Elements. Shooting Raw files and JPEGS but iterested in Raw processing and work flows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is only to talk about the forums, not products... forums for product questions

http://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel: Thanks! This is the info I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines