• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who do you contact at Adobe about the Forums?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009
Mark  Nichoson
Product  Manager
Adobe  Community Help

Don't expect any satisfaction from him. He was probably one of the people who picked Jive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I suppose it depends on which aspect of the forums you wish to comment on.

Perhaps right where you are is sufficient?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct me if I am wrong, but it has always been clearly stated that these forums are not a way of addressing Adobe, and that there are no Adobe employees monitoring their contents. So posting here is useless for contacting Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

My point was that if there were an issue that the Adobe folks that work with the forums should know about, one of us might call it to their attention. We do that all the time in my little fora of the Adobe universe.

While some here may not believe Adobe folk see things in this forum, they would be wrong. They may not choose to engage in an obvious manner, but they do peek in from time to time.

And again in my little fora, Adobe engineers have been frequenting to assist with some of the more technically touchy issues with the products. I heartily applaud that effort as it will only result in a better product!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said "in terms of registering a complaint or getting something done".

We get very helpful Adobe engineers in our forums too, but they are mainly just as p—d off with jive as we are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See, that's why I hate such blanket statements. They tend to make assumptions.

Nope, just forget about it. Never gonna work. Geez, sure if you expect it isn't going to work from the onset it's likely not going to work in the end because you tend to receive exactly the outcome you are expecting.

Until we know what the issue is how can we be so dead on sure that it cannot be addressed here? Perhaps it's just the sort of thing an engineer might address? Besides, who knows? Perhaps enough engineers can funnel things back through internal channels to make a difference somewhere.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some of us have a clearer idea than you about the fundamental problems inherent in a huge collection of forums sitting on jive sitting on clearspace sitting on the lumbering leviathan that is the adobe web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awww shucks. I reckon so. After awl, ahm wunna them new extra thick headed mawderadors that hasn't nary much a clue bout nuthin forem wise anawl. I looked out mah winder and wuzzn't nuthin like Levi thongs hangin round on the lumber anawl. But ah did see me a Jive turkey sittin inna clear space.

Y'll have a good day now. Ya here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you think that's funny. 

For me it's a deadly serious matter and no amount of condescending claptrap from you people is going to mitigate the disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

Awww shucks. I reckon so. After awl, ahm wunna them new extra thick headed mawderadors that hasn't nary much a clue bout nuthin forem wise anawl. I looked out mah winder and wuzzn't nuthin like Levi thongs hangin round on the lumber anawl. But ah did see me a Jive turkey sittin inna clear space.

Y'll have a good day now. Ya here?

I find it hard to believe that any moderator of any forum can ever be guilty of lowering any discussion to this level. But in these new, much improved forums, one can really expect anything. Even moderators showing off their real personalities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...  Y'll have a good day now. Ya here?

Now, I am probably the only one here, who could easily translate your statements. I do not think that Babblefish has a Mississippian to English module. Being from Mississippi, that is the way that I speak. For me, English is a "second language."

With the exception of "ya'll," I do not think that the great Eudora Welty could have done better.

Now, I see similar to what you speak of. There have been Adobe folk drop in here. Back before, and immediately after, the changeover, they seemed to be here often. Now - well, less so, or as most of us can tell.

I would only hope that the MOD's, who do show up here, and not just the ones who work this forum, do speak with Adobe. With the issues in the new forum, I would assume that communication is going both ways and at a good rate - say it's so Red Rider.

Now, will any of us live to see a worthwhile change will remain to be seen. Changes have taken place, but it seems they are little and slow to come. Still, who knows what is in the works?

Not being a programer, my issues with Jive are with the implementations that I see. I have no idea of the code behind it. I leave that to much more capable people. All I care about is the experience that I get from the Adobe fora. Right now, it is not that good, but then I am flexible, and have a few good years left. I'll wait, and hope that the changes come, and are significant.

Keep the faith, and if necessary, I'll translate for others, following along at home for you...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot contact anyone at Adobe. Adobe does not visit these forums. Sometimes, some emloyees do stop or pass by, but that's in a personal cpacity.

Cheers and have fun howling into the abyss!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark  Nichoson
Product  Manager
Adobe  Community Help

Don't expect any satisfaction from him. He was probably one of the people who picked Jive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. 

In reading the posts, I now realize that although Adobe appears to be involved in the forums, as they link you to them when you purchase their products, and from the corporate website.  Also, since the Adobe logo and links to Adobe are all over the top of these forum pages, you would think that Adobe was involved in providing this forum and that they would monitor what goes on.  You'd think that, but as I now find out, they aren't involved at all, and the moderation is by someone outside of Adobe.

That could explain the tone that is allowed and some of the nastiness in one of the two forums that I have participated in, and how one of those forums has been hyjacked.  If I need help on something in the future, I'll just go elsewhere until the forums have a feature that allows me to block members.

Thank you for your help. 

Ken Kennedy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jhabrix wrote:

You cannot contact anyone at Adobe. Adobe does not visit these forums.

To be fair John C and Kathy N do occasionally lift their heads above the parapet. But in terms of registering a complaint or getting something done, the best resort is the email address here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/open_letter_to_adobe_customers/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines