• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who has a non-email Adobe ID in forums?

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get an idea of how many regular forum users still have a very old Adobe ID that is a nickname instead of an email address. can you post a note here if you DO have a non-email address ID?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No nickname... does a real name count?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real names count. When you hit the sign in screen and it asks for an Adobe ID, do you type in an email address or a name?

Jive doesn't distinguish in its database, as the sign in process doesn't happen at Jive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Login ID is email, screen is actual name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At one time mine was by Name or nickname. Now I sign in using Email Address. I feel uncomfortable doing so but it less complicated to keep my two accounts separate.

Yes I have two, one was what I used when I signed into Macromedia. Instead of Meging the two accounts I now have two. Everyone that was part of Macromedia should have been merged.

I was quite active on the DreamWeaver forum despite not being able to get any question I asked, answered. If I were to sign in that old account and look at unanswered questions, not one even today would show any answers. The Dreamweaver Group is unusual unless you are a heavy hitter in web  design you are ignored. Newbie questions were literally unanswered until I got experienced enough to answer newbie questions. Then I tried to answer newbie questions.

Today I don't bother, because there is the same attitude ,even today, unless you are experenced enough to design for profit, you don't deserve the time of day. I had about 2000 and some post just in it. But those don't count here. I've been a Forum participant since 2006 for Acrobat and 2009 for Macromedia.

But hey it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it difficult to get this info from your database?  What made you think that by posting this message here in this forum you will get a realistic idea? The regulars here are Claudio Gonazales and John T Smith.  Even Phil Jones isn't a regular here as far as I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I don't understand why John and Claudio upset Hacker so much...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your specific question: I was forced to change my ID to an email address. And I would think that everyone was forced to do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most welcome, JC. And I also think thst you won't get many meaningful answers here...  But I do remember that I refused to change my Adobe ID to an email address until the situation became unbearable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fellow named banthingheim quoted a post of mine in this thread and attached his website to the end. I've reported him for impersionation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, that's what the Spam repor thread is for. No need to report again here.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5667664#5667664

The person has already been disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(The link in my post above should take one to message #249, but it doesn't).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I reported him as trying to impersonate me

He better hope I don't find out who he really is, I'llmake his life miserable.  I hate Hacker's Phisger, Scam artist. If I had my way they would go to prison for 75 to 100 years have to live on stale braed and water and wear the stripe uniforms made out of heavy wool winter and summer, wear a Ball and Chain, and Break Gaint rocks into fine gravel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, that's all right, but it's completely off topic in this thread. We are now way off the original question, whuch is beginning to be forgotten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your Right. I have already answered previously that I one time I used  nickname  then had to switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines