• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who is Bob Dix?

Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All over the forums I can postings of Bob Dix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean this disabled participant, with messages posted an hour ago?

http://forums.adobe.com/people/Bob%20Dix%20Photographer-lYVje2?view=profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen Bob Dix as author of all discussions. Now I don't seen him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming this was a side effect of the node outages. Let us know if you continue to see this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: now he doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bob.png  bob!.png  bob!!.png

RE: Who is Bob Dix?

He is Chuck Norris!!!

Note: I fixed it by cleaning up all cookies related to Adobe, just cleaning cache didn't change a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, it would seem that the Bob Dick problem has not been solved. Bernd's opening message refers to a Bob Dick appeared at his machine as author of almost every thread. When I looked for Bob Dick, I found the one I linked in my message #1, who then existed, was disabled, and had six posted messages in all, but later my own link took me "doesn't exixt" window, and right now it's taking me to a HanssonAS individual. And now you post screenshots showing what Bernd reported in his OP.

All I can say is that I haven't seen what your screenshots show. Maybe it's an effect not affecting all forums alike?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, clearing Cookies fixed the display of names.

Posts were real, but only the usernames were all showing as Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over here, I have never seen any of those ghost posts; all forums have looked normal with the right posters all along.

I believe it may be an issue limited to email notifications and  certain servers/forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were issues earlier today where the username for posts was being incorrectly displayed on the website and in the email subscriptions. Messages were being registered against the correct user so you shouldn't have lost any posts.

The issue appears to be resolved as of now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there seems there is still something wrong. The link in my fiorst message is now taking me here:

Bob.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the latest Adobe Forums technology I'm a multiple personality now.

Usually, I'm Kurt Gold. Now – after signed in – I'm Kurt Gold or Bob Dix, occasionally John Pahl and sometimes Ben Hutchinson.

This is a serious glitch. After all, we are talking about official Customer ID's.

That's beyond the pale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben Hutchinson, John Pahl, Raymond Jackson, and a couple of the others appear to be spam personae. If you hover over their profile they have no real email address, just a string of code without even an @ in it, and they all have the same spam avatar, for appliancejunk.com. Something is really wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Barbara.

I still think this might be a data base hack.

Example:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1085172?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting my browsers cleared the bogus state, now I see everyone's names correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, even in this thread?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1085172?tstart=0

Post 2 was done by me when I was signed in as Kurt Gold.

Do you see my name or do you see Ben Hutchinson?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is ongoing and relates to maintenance on the forum software. There is no indication of any hacking of the Adobe website, and the false user accounts being shown against some messages on some of the network nodes are not really linked to any of the posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought saw in other threads at least one of heads of the forums said there was no known mantenance going on at the time.

I finally got sign-in straight  was having to sign in every time I read a thread, was  screwed up for two days after the did what ever the did Thursday night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No maintenance of the forum software has been announced -I wish there was one, as there are so many pending issues that have been posted and ignored.

I think that it extremely serious that a post by Kurt Gold appears as posted by Ben Hutchinson, as I'm seeing in the link posted by Kurt. Even more so if the message appears in Ben's profile:

Ben.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara, email addresses are not available to us mere mortals, and I am not sure it's all right that they are available to you.

Are you saying that a spam person (and I'm not sure what do you mean by that) started this thread?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4786981#4786981

I'm sorry, but for this ignorant persons it looks as if something is very wrong here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, at least to me, it seems that there is something infinitely much more wrong in that that us mortal users receive no explanation about what is really happenig here,  We have been told many times that all infomation about users is not handled here, but at adobe.com. Could it be that Bob has access to Kurt's Adobe account and vice versa? That would really be awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it was even innocent. Maybe Adobe screwed up and when Bob was posting something it was credited to Kurt's account and vis-versa.

Knowing adobe and Jive  it wouldn't be surprising. Funny it happened around time when people were asking about the strange outage that happened Thursday for 6 hours or more. That I believe it was John that said he was unaware of any ongoing update. Yet in another Mr Merchant said Adobe-Jave was in deed updating  the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Barbara, but the concept of "spam personae" applied to participants that do have valid profiles and lists of posts, is simply beyond my comprehension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday it was Bob Dix, then Tomoko Taki; today it was Raymond Jackson... Whatever the name, a single author was being credited to most forum postings except my own in the discussion list (on the Fireworks forum). I followed RickRicardo's suggestion (in replies #6 & #10) to delete domain cookies, and the problem cleared up. Thanks, Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines