• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who locked "[locked] A Different Perspective On The Point System" and why?

Engaged ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who locked this thread and why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Locking thread because of the repeating post bug.

Zeno.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locking thread because of the repeating post bug.

Zeno.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep up Junior JJ !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Keep up Junior JJ !

It's that damn Last Post again! Saw Zeno post on 05 June.... followed the thread up a bit but never saw the repeating posts from SDA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway.... some more points to hand out In this case Justified too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't it make more sense to just delete the multiple posts of SDA or is that making to much sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that would get to be a PITA rather quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Wouldn't it make more sense to just delete the multiple posts of SDA or is that making to much sense?

Nah! Straight forward and logical... too much for Jive to handle... Whoever chose this from Adobe, either:

1/ Had no clue

2/ Made a lot of money

3/ Is a total nincompoop

4/ Has never used real forums

5/ Thinks the sun rises out of his anal vent

Most likely all or 4/5 of the above....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Buko. wrote:

Nah! Straight forward and logical... too much for Jive to handle... Whoever chose this from Adobe, either:

1/ Had no clue

2/ Made a lot of money

3/ Is a total nincompoop

4/ Has never used real forums

5/ Thinks the sun rises out of his anal vent

Most likely all or 4/5 of the above....

What? No all of the above choice? Now I'm really Jived off!

And this power that SDA now has to lock threads is getting a little out of control here, isn't it?  He comments in the threads critical of Jive bugs, thus getting them locked shortly after "because they have to be locked".  I sense a conspiracy here!    (big obnoxious smiley here, for email users, to indicate this is all a joke, kthx)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to come back to topic, on a related vein:

Why was this particular thread locked, but not others affected by the same repeating post bug, in spite of having been reported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2009 Jun 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are closed when mods notice them, there's no secret agenda in place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

they are closed when mods notice them, there's no secret agenda in place

I posted my message above more than 8 hours and a half after reporting one of the repeating post bug cases, and nearly 5 hours after reporting the others. I did it in the "Report spam..." forum, which has always been the fastest way of getting propmt attention to posts needing it. And I was't thinking of any devious plot, plan or agenda, but on the normal human nature which tends to make one more diligent with issues affecting one more directly.

By the way, if at present you are the only mod frequenting this particular forum, and JC is the only person frequenting the "Report spam..." forum, it would be good to know it. Then we would know when to post in the "Report.." forum and when to use the "Report abuse" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know who checks the spammers thread or how often they do that, i for one don't, i only check the moderation queue and there wasn't anything in there about repeating posts. And don't count on me being here a lot as i much prefer the atmosphere on the Photoshop Windows forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

I don't know who checks the spammers thread or how often they do that, i for one don't, i only check the moderation queue and there wasn't anything in there about repeating posts. And don't count on me being here a lot as i much prefer the atmosphere on the Photoshop Windows forum.

Well, it used to be checked by many, or at least this is suggested by the fact that actions were most often taken within minutes of a message posted at any time of the day or the night of any country. And JC has asked at least twice to post there instead of using the Report Abuse button, although he may have been refering exclusively to spam messages. I think it would be highly advisable to clarify this matter.

Although this may be a mere coincidence, I found it curious that nothing was done about the threads with the post bug during what must have been your normal resting and sleeping hours, and that it was you who did it after them... Therefore my comment about you being the only mod around here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't know how this all worked before but if i understood correctly, there no moderation queue, there were more hosts and the Forum Comments was a quieter place. The reason why i started looking for repeating posts on this forum was because of your first post here and let me tell you, it's no fun closing threads as i have to modify the title for the web users, add a post to indicate that the thread is locked for the email users and then also lock it:P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

let me tell you, it's no fun closing threads as i have to modify the title for the web users, add a post to indicate that the thread is locked for the email users and then also lock it:P

That sounds pretty hard. You must work out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Four abuse reports, from different people of course, to hide a post. I reckon that's a better solution that locked threads right and left, and it will help Zeno's RSI as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines