• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who wrote the censorship filters?

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on now. I was astonished to find out the f r i g g i n was considered profanity by adobe. But what about b u c k e t? Isn't that the name of a tool in some of the Adobe programs.

Step 3: Use the paint bucket to add a new color.

Really smooth, isn't it.

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job it's not UK-centric. 'Tool' being a handy insult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bloody heck!

Don, the Adobe censor probably has a push button for limericks that start with a "man from Nantucket", or maybe they just don't like any combination of u, c, and k.

These censorship filters are an exercise in futility anyway.  I can understand filtering George Carlin's Seven Dirty Words, but websites that use these things often include "angry words" which can be used as insults, but have other connotations as well, "dumb", for instance. My favorite came when I was helping out on Comcast's Cable TV forums, and I'd try to use the word for attaching coaxial cable to the back of Comcast cable equipment, "screw" (we'll see if Adobe filters it), kind of a necessary word to use on a Cable TV tech support forum, and the Comcast censorship filter punched it out with asterisks, leaving me looking like an intemperate, foul-mouthed sailor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow--that takes text nannying to a whole new dimension. So any word that rhymes with a word that someone, somewhere might find offensive--even if it's the name of a tool built into Adobe's flagship program--is filtered? Methinks some tweaking is in order, posthaste! What a bucket of bloody fucking shitty crap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no doubt a set supplied with the software, but, like the misspelled words list, is customizable. If you run into stuff that probably shouldn't be included, let John know somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you run into stuff that probably shouldn't be included, let John know somehow.

I thought you were ferrying messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, for crying out loud!

Knock off the stupid filtering.  Give the moderators something to do besides sit around on their rumps/butts/asses/rear-ends/backsides

Edit:  Hmmm.  One didn't make it.  This could become great sport!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if these thousands of posters all decide to change their avatars every few minutes, there'll be plenty of work for them to do, reviewing every one. We can post whatever we like as a profile pic so what difference does it make what avatar someone uploads? At 128 px it would be fairly difficult to cause revolution and riot. I think. Hmmmm.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines