• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my posts “Currently being moderated”?

Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a contributor to these forums for well over a decade. Why are my posts flagged with “Currently being moderated”?

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 12.02.39 AM.png

[Moved from the Lounge to the Forum Comments forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

The spam filter is a bit of a mystery. Sometimes even people who are ACP's end up in the moderation queue. Heck, sometimes moderator's posts end up in the mod queue. It's happening a lot less lately, but sometimes it still kicks up weirdness.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which forum have you posted? Did your post contain any weblink? That could be the reason why the post is moved to a moderation queue rather than appearing in the forums immediately. We do monitor the moderation queue regularly (there's a team of volunteers helping out with this behind the scenes).

Cari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post did not contain a link or image. John T Smith’s suggestion that the original poster’s moderation status might have something to do with it sounds plausible. Except this original post also received the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer:  The software that decides what to put into moderation is on the conservative side.

Alternate short answer:  The software that decides what to put into moderation is flaky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shorter answer "You've been Jived"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please how can i get a direct link to the adobe customal support care email please i have a serious issue i want them to help me for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no email.

There is a chat:

contact-bumper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cari,

It's happened to me too.  I did post a link on mine as a reference to what I was doing.  Then today I tried to post a clarification to the discussion and I received this warning, "You do not have permission to post in this forum."  Who do I talk to in order to get back in good graces?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original question was answered, and you are posting a new comment which doesn't add any new information about your problem.  So, what seems to be your problem now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudio,

My original question was answered but did not come anywhere close to resolving the issue.  My new post was clarifying my situation.  That I''m working with a movie clip and graphic.  I'm not sure how you know what my question was as it wasn't moderated, was blocked from being posted and did not pass go.  Myself I'm new to Animate and am working hard looking everywhere I can to find the answer and grow with the product.  But I am not new to problem solving and looking at an issue from all angles.  I'm sure you've had math classes before and understand that a problem can be looked at in more than one way to get an understanding of it.  I don't believe my post was so out of line to deserve being blocked from the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably a technical issue with the forums rather than you being personally blocked. I've had it happen to me occasionally too and usually just refreshing the page works or trying it with a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  My work has me working with animate and constantly want it done the next day and I'm so new to it.  Under a lot of stress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spam filter is a bit of a mystery. Sometimes even people who are ACP's end up in the moderation queue. Heck, sometimes moderator's posts end up in the mod queue. It's happening a lot less lately, but sometimes it still kicks up weirdness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe doesn't understand how it's own software works? Maybe that explains why everything is so buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't make the forum software. Khoros does. And before that it was made by JIVE.
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is Adobe using this software? Yes? Then it's "theirs." I mean, technically, they haven't made any of the software they sell. They bought it all from other companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you replied to a message, and the original person is subject to moderation, your reply will  be moderated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum software has a dislike for certain words, too.  Like a-s-s-e-s-s. 

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whaaaaat! Surely not a-s-s-e-s-s, that's my favorite word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL.

The forum used to choke on h-o-m-o-s-a-p-i-e-n-s too .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O. wrote:

LOL.

The forum used to choke on h-o-m-o-s-a-p-i-e-n-s too .

That happens when they're undercooked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all of my post Currently being moderated still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines