• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I add an idea?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding it difficult to understand the reason behind not allow all users of this system to add ideas. Can someone please explain?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted a message here, so what do you mean by "can't add an idea"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try and add an idea it gives me a message saying that I am no able to add this type of content. I read another post in this community saying that this feature was enabled for only some users, thus my question "why can't I add an idea?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've answered your own question - only certain combinations of user and forum are permitted. The Ideas plugin is very prone to spam attacks due to the way the content filter works, so we only enable posting for specific reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so I'm clear. Your saying only people in certain forums are allowed to post ideas, because the system is prone to spam attacks? I can imagine this must signficantly limit the number of ideas this system generates for Adobe. Does that make sense? Why not just implement tools to limit the spam? Surely Jive has access to these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tonant22 wrote:

Why not just implement tools to limit the spam? Surely Jive has access to these?

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe uses a different system to collect product suggestions, so there's very little point in having Ideas enabled on these forums - it would only confuse people and suggestions would be lost in the process. Adobe's engineers do not read suggestions posted on here. We only use them for a couple of programs where the official channels aren't operating.

As Claudio says, the platform running these forums is not an Adobe product so we can't add features on a whim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they should create two separate comment sections for this particular issue. Limiting idea potential can reduce users trust for expressing what they want to share with others. I think maybe Adobe should find a way  to better balance this issue with more open free will to post their thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Community users are free to post ideas as discussion topics. The only thing they cannot do is create polls that people can vote on, because the results would be meaningless. It would be a waste of time to allow people to vote on something without any promise that Adobe will even read the suggestion.

If you want to propose a new feature or improvement to Adobe then you must use the official system. http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines