Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why does my website display backwards in Internet Explorer

Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created my website, previewed it and then uploaded it to my server. It looks fine in Safari but everything displays backwards in Internet Explorer (it's a total mirror image). Can anyone tell me why and how I can fix it?

www.intown-creative.com

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in the Forum Comments section, you really need to post this question in the appropriate product forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god    —    it really does!     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kinda like it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have "filter: FlipH" in the style for the #container div, so it's not surprising the content shows backwards in IE. Safari

presumably doesn't understand MS DHTML:

Wouldn't life have been simpler for Leonardo da Vinci if he'd been able to apply a FlipH filter to all his writing?

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ildhund wrote:

You have "filter: FlipH" in the style for the #container div, so it's not surprising the content shows backwards in IE. Safari

presumably doesn't understand MS DHTML:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms532992(VS.85).aspx

Wouldn't life have been simpler for Leonardo da Vinci if he'd been able to apply a FlipH filter to all his writing?

Noel

Neither does FireFox or Seamonkey.

I the only thing I see out of the oridinary is one image link is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maggiestg wrote:

Can anyone tell me why and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

Yes. Stop using Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Yes. Stop using Explorer."

"¿noʎ oʇ ʞooן ʇsod sıɥʇ sǝop ʍoɥ os"

"????????"

"If that's really a font, how many people do you think are going to see it on your page?"

"i do. that's how i was able to steal your idea!"

"I kinda like it that way."

"My god    —    it really does!"

SO NOT helpful!!! thanks for nothing! why bother writing anything if you're not here to help? Yes, I put my question in the wrong forum (despite following what was set out in the forums directory) but I honestly needed help. won't be coming here anymore. Out of several replies only ONE person was kind enough to offer help.

so thanks for nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO NOT helpful!!! thanks for nothing! why bother writing anything

comic relief. relax maggie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do know that only about 3 people will see the text as you intended, that you should set a back-up font in case people don't have yours installed? And most of them won't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maggie, you had two helpful replies within 45 minutes of posting. One suggested you post in a product forum, the other answered your question before it was also correctly answered in the Dreamweaver forum. In fact, the problem had nothing to do with any Adobe product, but you were still in a short space of time given the means to avoid further embarrassment.

You can't honestly be offended that such a bizarre rendering of your website should generate a bit of banter. Lighten up a bit, and be thankful that you have here a priceless resource that has been of enormous benefit to thousands of users of Adobe products, where you have the opportunity to pick the brains of world-class experts.

Best of luck with your business - now go and fix the missing images and dodgy links on your site.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, I put my question in the wrong forum (despite following what was set out in the forums directory) but I honestly needed help.

Don't take it personally, maggiestg. There are many people using Adobe products who don't work on Web development and that was such a strange symptom to some that it brought out the humor in here.

I am curious, though and am about to ask a question that is on topic for this forum. This is happening more frequently and most often, though not exclusively, with Dreamweaver questions.

Do you recall the exact steps that led to your post landing in the wrong forum?

How did you navigate to (what you thought was) the DW forum? Did you use the drop-down selection, click on the DW icon at http://forums.adobe.com/ or use some other method (bookmark)?

More importanly, I suspect, did you login before or after navigating to the DW forum to post the question? I am guessing after and that it somehow redirected you to the Forum Comments when it forced you to log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Incredible! How did you manage that?

Try the Dreamweaver forums here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¿noʎ oʇ ʞooן ʇsod sıɥʇ sǝop ʍoɥ os

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6 {
     font-family: Girls are Weird;

????????

If that's really a font, how many people do you think are going to see it on your page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a cunning way to promote the business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a font - It's bolder counterpart is called "boys are gross"

(both were found on my teaset at costco!)

Not a good font for web design though, as the only people with it will be toy packaging designers that are currently working on girly stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

Now, really - how did you do that???  Let's see...

¿¿¿ʇɐɥʇ op noʎ pıp ʍoɥ - ʎllɐǝɹ ʍoɴ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grafitti, this looks contrived in IE

upside_down_ie.PNG

but perfect in plain text as seen by email users.

upside_down_txt.PNG

How the devil do you do it?

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spam?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what it looked like to me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody reads post 10.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody reads post 10

i do. that's how i was able to steal your idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. They did post the question in the Dreamweaver forum after being directed there. After the question was answered[1] there, the OP fixed the problem on the site.

[1] No, I DON'T mean it was "Marked as Answered" [winky emoticon].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines