• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't pre-log in location persist?

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm pretty sure that this newest re-design of the adobe discussions requires a few more clicks before I get to the specific forum I'm looking for.  In fact I'm very sure.

What really adds to the frustration is that after I get to the forum I need, and then sign in - I'm sent back to some general adobe.com page and have to search again to find the forum I need.

It seems to me that after signing in I should be brought back to the last page I was on.

Thanks,

JL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

jlucchesi wrote on 11/04/13 23:04:

I click on the "Sign In" link in the upper right of the page.

Use the login/register link at the top left instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works sometimes... sometimes not

Based on all the problem reports over the past couple years since Adobe switched to Jive... and the paucity of fixes... I've pretty much given up hope that these forums will ever work 100% correctly

The Adobe staff tasked with keeping the forums running do the best they can... but without more resources from Adobe (such as upgrading to the latest Jive version) just accept what there is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jlucchesi wrote on 11/04/13 16:28:

What really adds to the frustration is that after I get to the forum I need, and then sign in - I'm sent back to some general adobe.com page and have to search again to find the forum I need.

Should work. Which links exactly do you click to log in and have you

switched the cookie settings from their defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I click on the "Sign In" link in the upper right of the page.  It's next to "My Cart" (why there would be a link to a shopping cart from the forum, I'm not sure.)

From the sign in link a different page with the usual log in fields.  I fill in (I haven't touched cookies in weeks), click and wind up on "My Account" page.  Not where I was or where I wanted to be.

I'm concerned now that my dismay with the functionality of the site might mean I'm not happy with the content.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  This is the best forum - content wise - of any products I use.  Which is why I now use so many adobe products.

However - I do think it was easier to get to where I wanted to be a few years ago - and much harder to get lost after logging in.

Cheers,

JL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jlucchesi wrote on 11/04/13 23:04:

I click on the "Sign In" link in the upper right of the page.

Use the login/register link at the top left instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks  - that did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines