• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why hasn't Adobe navigation and user interface design improved as much as it could have over time?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried CS6. I'm sure it's great based on what i've seen alone. But as a user of adobe products for a number of years, i have to noticed there are still a lot of stagnant,awkward, stiff, irriating, slowing down elements found in the navigation and user interface on cs3-cs5, that i'm sure could have been eliminated or improved on at least from 2005 or 2007 onwards. I find some of these things inexcusable and unprogressive from bad traits that defined 1980's and 1990's general computer navigation and so on.

CS5.5 has lessned this a bid bit and is more fluid in bits and pieces but for those using cs3-cs5 and in general, i find some things just horrid. As a graphic designer no one is supposed to admit the flaws or irrations of these programs. We must hail them as god, never critisize, and always adjust to new things which i think is a bit fascististic and silly

The way the tools, options are laid out can be improved to be quicker, and easier to find and use. Using your voice as a commanding system would be helpful as well.

A lot of cmds are too complex to remember, they can be simplier or resemble the name of the tool or option. Its makes a chore to follow this system and competition for the smart ass who memormized all the cmds.

The way in which you loose floating side boxes, and the amount of tools or names hidden in the bars sometimes seem random and its always a constant search to find them incase you forget where they are.

The inability to open cs4 or 5 files in cs3 is just beyond extremly annoying. Whey shouldn't you be able to open cs1 or 2 files or photoshop 9 files  as well? Every five years work expires as well?

The layering system gets tricky and seems that a lot of things don't work when you normally move things. Its about going back, remembering and clicking on this or that, looking it up to make everything work. Sometimes which leaves you in a rut and wastes a good amount of time. You will always find this even after you've been using it for years.

The use of the fill paint/airbrushing, clone tool, lasso tool, pen tool, history being two steps back can be vastly improved to be much better to use

Masking and tools that have more complex features should find a way be automatically done or sampled. They can also have less complex steps and tha ability to be  previewed,  automatic or simpler  ( in case you can't remember how to do something or aren't getting it)

A lot of the special effects, and blending modes are useless, outdated, super-ugly and don't resemble  true darkroom effects ( such as polarization, and bas-relief for example)  which they could much more vividly done. There also could be more options that are closer to repro cameras/CTP software for halftoning and more complex digital effects.

Having to press or get used to pressing muliple keys or clicks for the most basic things simultaneously can be reduced to be easier

Adjusting text, new documents, photos should have a smoother, quicker navigational experince where things a lot of room to be , clicked back, re-done, saved in the wrong place etc..

Indesign could use more shapes, include more features that illustrator has, and possibly even photoshop to save time.

There should be a way to remind you of features, complex things you've forgotten, other than history and daily usage/practice of the programs

The help should resemble more of "visual -learners" guide books with voice features.

There are a lot more

Regarding other things:

I think the price encorages more piracy and allows people to not have a concept of what is means to owning software.

The loss of a manual or lessening of them for certain programs is a loss because it's always useful to  physical info you can flip through while looking at your program.

I think adobe should make entirely better products for professionals or people in the industry rather than spoonfeeding the same software to all.

They should also make less expensive add-ons like before for graphic software.

What do you adobe could have improved over time and if so what do you think they could have improved on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have path of improvement? Could you give concrete and constructive examples on how to enhance the interface?

Do you know that you can customize the shortcuts to fit your needs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a graphic designer. I don't know anything about computer programming or software development. As a fan of adobe products i'm just stating some flaws i've noticed and how it's has effected me as user of these products

While there are a lot of pros to adobes products i'm simply pointing some flaws out.

What i mentioned could be taken into consideration.

I've haven't tried cs6 yet. All shortcuts can be modified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have this wishform to suggest improvements to Adobe products:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

and the Creative Suites forums are here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creativesuites

This specific forum is only for discussions on the forums themselves, so you are not very likely to get any change by posting your comments here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an option i could do to inform them. This is a discussion. This what i stated :

Do you think adobe could have improved much more over time and if so what do you think they could have improved on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't seem to understand. Yours is not a question related with these forums, that is the specific purpose of this specific forum. In other words, you are at a wrong forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST