Why here, not there?

Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why this new set of forums instead of carrying on where everyone expects/expected to have news about the forum changes, namely:
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc0fb97/

Hopefully, all the valuable information in this thread has not been forgotten:
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.3bc157dd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why here, not there?

Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why this new set of forums instead of carrying on where everyone expects/expected to have news about the forum changes, namely:
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc0fb97/

Hopefully, all the valuable information in this thread has not been forgotten:
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.3bc157dd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2009 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresh start?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2009 0
Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the new FAQs:

>Why are you changing the Adobe Forums?

>In response to community feedback through surveys, we are incorporating many user-requested features into Adobe Forums and also making changes to the underlying technology to improve the overall user experience.

Well, the surveys do not seem to include the wealth of feedback in the second thread given by Jacob in his opening message.

>What are the changes in the new Adobe Forums?

>Here are some of the changes:

> New look: Experience a fresh new look for Adobe Forums that is consistent with the rest of Adobe.com and easier to navigate.

This has been consistently opposed by regulars in that thread.

> Adobe ID login: Use the same login ID and password that you use to access other areas of Adobe.com.

Same thing. For many, it will mean losing long time used screen names.

I am afraid that the lessons from previous attempts haven't been learnt.

Also, I seem to remember a call for beta testers for a future new version, and that many of us volunteered. I wonder if anyone has been contacted for this; I haven't.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya know, that's a good point...

> In response to community feedback through surveys,

I'm here helping at least several people a day in photoshop win forum for the last - i dunno - 5, 6, 8 - years and i've NEVER seen a survey.

who was asked, the actual users? or people who don't use the forum? or people who use the macromedia side but not this side.

you'd think if there was a "survey" to be had, i would have randomly hit on it in the literally THOUSANDS of logins since i've started helping here.

hmm...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2009 0
Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not looked at the sample forums linked elsewhere (something about "Jive" being the new software) but I probably should

That said... I only go to one cfusion forum, for Dreamweaver... and there are people over there who are saying they will "leave forever" when the new forums are put in place

I like the look here (I go to about a half dozen webx forums) and can tolerate the one cfusion forum I visit... but it is certainly the case that people on BOTH sides of the current forums are not happy

But, as was mentioned in one of the FAQs here, the current software on either side does not have the capacity to keep up with the message volume... so I guess change is just going to happen

There may be a few people who really do leave forever... and that's too bad... but the nature of the computer world is change, or we'd all still be using Windoze 3x

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2009 0
Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, as experience has shown in these forums, nor all changes mean improvements. And more than a few people around here have strongly opposed some of the changes that were forced on us, and are going to be forced on us for the third time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2009 0