• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is it that Adobe feels it must tell me what an acceptable password is?

Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, it seems intuitively obvious that the most secure passwords in practice will be the ones that people can remember and don't have to write down.  Unless Adobe hands out its crypted passwords file in mass, it's not susceptible to brute force attack. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having a REFUSAL to accept your chosen password, or a REMINDER that you need a better password?

Either way, every site that I visit that requires a password will have "some kind of" standard for that site

Some sites require a minimum number of characters and/or the use of special characters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every online site where I have login access enforces minimum standards for password strength.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines