Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it takes up the whole screen and I have a 23' CinemaHD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd sure rather have it too big, than way too small.

But my suggestion is that it should be limited to default to the same width of the thread view column for those folks who haven't applied any hacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps to let you know that you have no need to be laconic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More importantly (to me at lwast)...Why is the actual posting area so SMALL and fixed in size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Width or height?

Width appears to be set. I cannot get it to stretch out across the screen.

Height is broken. It is supposed to be resizable and is supposed to stick. Right now you can resize, but the new height doesn't stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Methinks some of us are using one of the user style sheets that allow for flexible width.

#jive-wrapper {
  width:100%;

}

I know that when I do, the TinyMCE window stretches nearly as wide as the browser window. <tests....yep>

We should not be giving you feedback about the look of the forum while using hacks that defeat that look!

But I suspect the OP is complaining about the height as you may have sussed out. I really appreciate the height, since I tend to post more code than talk - when I'm in my normal forums. Getting it to be sticky would be a plus, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

We should not be giving you feedback about the look of the forum while using hacks that defeat that look!

Agreed 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can appreciate the advantage of a big box for pasting in a big chunk of code but surely that is for a small minority.

Most good answers are short and to the point and I find it irksome scrolling down to that Post Message button every time.

The whole interface is a scroller's nightmare. We'll be getting RSI in our scrolling fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Most good answers are short and to the point...

Hmm...I believe that to be wholly dependent upon the nature of the question.

But anyway, the whole UI has a LONG way to go before it could be considered anywhere close to efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any of you folk bother to scroll down and look in bottom right corner?

The window is resizable Just scroll down, resize vertically  then type your reply.

And besides when you are typing a reply  you don't have to scroll down to get more real estate to  use to right in.

I don't use the bottom of the window to write in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The window is resizable Just scroll down, resize vertically  then type your reply.

Well duh!

The aim is to avoid scrolling.

The default should be small and the minority who want big can resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just type at the top left corner. Don't worry about the window size.

That's the least of the problems Bother me. The outrageously long subject lines in the emails notifications, the (explicative deleted) serial numbers. No form of sorting subject date, whatever, doesn't allow threading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I see:

Picture 14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Screen:

SeaMonkeypicture001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen shot doesn't show the reply box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check again there are tow places to click on reply

When you click on reply this box opens up the when prely is sent only the original and the filed in replies are shown .

This doesn't work like WebX

SeaMonkeypicture002.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines