• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is this forum so hidden?

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't obvious for me to discover this forum. It is inside a folder inside another folder called "FAQs on New Adobe Forums (2009)". And this folder does nor show a red flag when there are unread messages inside!!! This means that it may easily pass unnoticed, as happened for several days in my case.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... the newer "Jive" software is supposed to fix that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's linked from the announcement at the top of forum pages. For new posts, you might want to subscribe to the forum so new posts show up in your message center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't get my point, Dorothy. For several days, I didn't notice the announcement at the top of forum pages because there wasn't (and isn't) any red flag by it. Once discovered, I don't need any help to find it again; I am complaining because what happened to me may well happen to many others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's going to be some time before they are ready to have people start kicking tires, and even longer before it's ready to implement. It's not necessary for all users to know right now. Besides, an announcement could show up on every page in a 48 point red flashing font and a lot of people still wouldn't notice... so count yourself as one of the observant ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is already a lot of complaining even before we've seen what the new architecture will bring us.
Let's show some confidence/trust to the founding father of this place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test: auto login via message box..

Edit: it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason for the complaining up front is that many of us have been through this with a variety of lame arguments before. I had a bug that seemed to be introduced for my browser only when they changes the log in registration a few weeks back. The bug went away last night.

Some of the things they want to do seem to be with choices in the user profile. If they succeed in doing that, then folks may not complain long, but if they fail the sky will be falling (again!).

The last change wasted a lot of space on the screen and was time consuming to navigate. For regulars to the forums, it was a bit time sink. Part of the problem was all of the extra little things that were thrown in about the poster and such, that could be left to a click. I find the 1 line post label as above to work fine. I don't need a nonsense picture or life history. I am content to click on the name if I wanted such information.

Those are just a few of the issues, but the history and related fear of what is to come has lead to this complaining. Basically, many Adobe forum users do not trust the power that be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Why is this forum so hidden" - I get it now, next level up is now multi-lingual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: Never mind. Seems like a temporary glitch that is now fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's a discussion forum with no threads yet - there's an Add Topic button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooooops! Maybe that what I was looking at. Doh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>'Why is this forum so hidden" - I get it now, next level up is now multi-lingual.

Yes, an excellent move and very good news.

Wouldn't this also be a good time to put a red flag by the name of the main topic in this page?

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b30e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Adding the red flag is not a manual process. Either the system puts it there, or it doesn't. So far it doesn't. I tried rearranging the structure, but it still didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines