Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded it yesterday.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it needs to be OK'd by an admin and i'm guessing that they are swamped right now with avatar/profile pics being uploaded by everyone. Give it a few days so that things settle down a bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I was wondering the same thing. It strikes me as odd that we have totally unrestricted access to the very large 300 pixel image used in the Profile, but have to wait for approval for the 48x48 pixel avatar.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK the profile pic has to be approved as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

AFAIK the profile pic has to be approved as well

No it does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do they need to be OK'd in the first place?

I know exactly why zeno. I already went through this with the test forum. I'm trying to catch the eye of someone who can can do something about it. why have the function if you can't do anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My "profile" image showed up right away, but the "avatar" still has not.

I'm surprised it has to be approved by a human first. Usually offensive images etc can be "reported" by other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well whoever OK'd it thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I made my goofy little avatar I copied a Jive standard one (48x48) to start off. But now mine seems to have been shrunk to 46x46. If I re-save from PS, I'll probably have to wait for approval to see the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep my original file I submitted was a little squeezed in on sides. I read spec and supposed to no larger than 128x128 Px.

It took a day and half to  have approved. So I choose a better original and set to 128x128 and re-uploaded. will probably be anither day and a half. They want to make sure your no upload somethin r or x-rated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just uploaded a slightly smaller version and it DID revert to the generic icon until an intern gets around to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines