• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Restricted Access to Link on Downloading FAQ Page?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasted over one hour searching all over the Adobe.com website trying to learn how to update to the current version of Photoshop Lightroom (6.8).  The "Help | Updates" information in the application kept talking about updating Lightroom CC, a version which I do not want.  When I finally found what I hoped would be a safer path to updating from Lightroom 6.6 to 6.8, I encountered this page:

"Community: Downloading, Installing, Setting Up |Adobe Community"

( https://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup ).

The page contained a section entitled:

"Looking for answers? Start with the FAQs"

which included a link entitled:

"How to download, install, and activate Adobe applications"

( https://forums.adobe.com/message/8163721#8163721 ).

When I clicked on this link, the system displayed:

"Unauthorized | Adobe Community.

Access to this community or content is restricted.

If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here."

( https://forums.adobe.com/message/8163721#8163721 ).

Why would a restricted link be listed in the FAQ section of a forum?  Why does Adobe mix Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC activities together in a way that leads users to conclude that update attempts will result in a change from the PC-based version to the cloud-based version?  This is so interminable that it seems to be a strategy to pressure users into giving up on LR6 and accepting that they must begin using LR CC even if it is not the best solution for their needs.  Can anyone suggest any other reason that Adobe would present LR CC information when help is requested from within the LR6 app?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GordonRD wrote:

Why does Adobe mix Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC activities together in a way that leads users to conclude that update attempts will result in a change from the PC-based version to the cloud-based version?

Just to clear up some possible confusion, the CC versions of software are not "cloud-based". They are still installed in your PC and run from your PC. The only thing "cloud" about them is that they authorize every once in a while over the internet (which still isn't that different from previous versions). I mean, you can also store files "in the cloud" if you want to, but you don't have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines