• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why so many loaded apps on Windows StartUp?

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Ceative Cloud to have Photoshop, Premiere, Acrobat, Audition, Illustrator and After Effects installed. For some reason, Adobe thinks thank I need 14 new processes loaded 24/7, note that we have more Adobe processes than any other  

app on startup. I also does not considered more 6 processes loaded as service or task manager under svchosts.exe.

Adobe, please fix it. It's ridiculous.

adobemadness.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is not the only one "loading" a lot of processes:

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_2.png

There is nothing bad to that. Don't start CC (the app) at startup and you won't have all those CC processes.

Acrotray is a Distiller helper application. If you do not need it, you can stop it from running:

(https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/what-s-starting-acrotray-exe/td-p/7320935)

Jun 29, 2015

Hi Gary,

"acrotray.exe" is the Adobe Acrobat Distiller helper application. It is used as part of the full Adobe Acrobat product to convert documents into PDF files. Its runs in background as it provides your feature to convert files to files to PDF using other applications like MS office. However you can follow the steps mentioned by Rahul to stop it.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines