• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will I ever be able to view online content again?

Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't download Adobe Flash player on my Mac. I have tried several times in the last 6 months. I have read the directions. I have called, read until my eyeballs feel like they are going to fall our and spent countless hours days weeks months trying to fix this.  Sorry I am computer illiterate. I called Mac. Sorry lady we can't help you install 3rd party software. hahahhahahaha. Adobe says pay us 39.00 for technical support. In the meantime I can't even open a friends email website. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I will cancel online Netflix and go back to the dark ages of viewing videos. This totally sucks!!!!!!!! Apple sucks for not helping [Steve Crawford you were a jerk to me, sorry I was not born in a time of technology but I am from an era where people were polite to each other. Guess you missed that boat.} hahahahahhahahahahahahahaha yes I am finally venting after months of frustration!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you are at the wrong forum: this one is only for discussions on the forums themselves. The Flash Player forum is here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer

and here there are many discussions on installation issues:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer/installing_flashplayer

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My unequivocal advice is to join the discussions regarding Flash over at the Apple boards.  Just do a forum search on Flash.  Adobe's support is abysmal.

https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa?showhomepage=true

If you have a Power Mac PPC (pre-Intel) you can start here:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/desktop_computers/power_mac?view=discussions

If you have a Mac Pro with an Intel chip, try here:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/desktop_computers/mac_pro

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tai Lao wrote:

Adobe's support is abysmal.

The community in the Adobe Flash Player forum does an excellent job to help people with Flash Player problems.  This includes quite a few members of the Flash and AIR engineering team.

It is true that there are not many regulars with Mac experience, but still - most Mac users walk away with a functioning Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just barely. The number one item That wil Crash a Mac is Flash. and Apple has tried to work with adobe and Macromedia before to get the kinks out and Adobe has refused to cooperate. That is one reason for Steve Job's outburst before banning Flash on iPhone and iPad. Sometimes I receive a Flasd file and its jerky like Digital Video from a cable Company on a bad playback machine. If I open Prefernces the the Flash file freezes as well as the preferences. This is even on a 3 MB DSL line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote:

Tai Lao wrote:

Adobe's support is abysmal.

The community in the Adobe Flash Player forum does an excellent job to help people with Flash Player problems.  This includes quite a few members of the Flash and AIR engineering team.

It is true that there are not many regulars with Mac experience, but still - most Mac users walk away with a functioning Flash Player.

Opinions, noses…     …or something like that.

Try getting help from Adobe, through the forums or otherwise, on viewing Flash content on a Power Mac PPC (pre Intel) running Tiger 10.4.11.

The best news in years was the announcement that Adobe was ceasing development of Flash for mobile devices.  Desktop Flash can't be too far behind.  Flash is dead.  Good riddance…

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neverviewanother video wrote:

I can't download Adobe Flash player on my Mac.

Please post in the Flash Player forum, as Claudio advised.  And when you do, supply some specs, such as your Mac OS version and the browser you use.  And specifically, what the meaning of "can't" is - what exactly happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

neverviewanother video wrote:

yes I am finally venting after months of frustration!

Anyway, it looks like the o/p is not really looking for help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines