Will "answers" be obvious?

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -
I think it's extremely valuable to know which topics have been correctly answered or reached some other successful conclusion.

That being said, it would also be useful to be able to include "limit search to topics that have been answered" to the Search function.

Good luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Will "answers" be obvious?

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -
I think it's extremely valuable to know which topics have been correctly answered or reached some other successful conclusion.

That being said, it would also be useful to be able to include "limit search to topics that have been answered" to the Search function.

Good luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 17, 2009 0
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the answer to both questions is yes, Josh. One caveat tho, is what happens if the OP marks a question as answered correctly, then a problem is found with it. The question is whether that marker can be changed so it doesn't mislead others, and who can change it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dorothy - Thanks for the response. I understand and agree. "You can make something fool proof - but you can't make it damnfool proof."
JL

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the saying is "You can make something fool proof you just can't make it idiot proof" :-)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2009 0
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if Adobe Technical Support would monitor the new Forums for MAJOR issues that surface with their software.

If not to address major issues, at least acknowledge that they exist and will be addressed maybe sometime in the future.

If I understand the current Forum format, Adobe doesn't look, nor comment on any thread or individual post.

All support is supplied by the participants and there is never an official Adobe response to anything, no matter how serious the issue.

I always wondered about a Company that didn't at least peek at their user Community to see what was going on, (and maybe actually post an answer to a question every now and then).

Will any of this change with the new Forum, or is it business as usual..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2009 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that "never" is a good word... there have been Adobe employees posting in various forums... just not "all" of the time

I would guess that the forum people will be watching the operation of the new forum software... if nothing else, the Forum Hosts should be able to funnel comments to the software engineers

As far as product support... I would not expect that to change

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2009 0