Will someone at Adobe please fix the search function on the Forums? It's been several weeks they've

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For weeks now in the Fireworks forum, when I search for anything, I get:

Variable FTVAR_RESULTTYPE is undefined.
Resources:
* Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
* Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
* Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3
Remote Address 10.172.32.24
Referrer http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm
?forumid=14&catid=193&STARTPAGE=3&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
Date/Time 07-Jan-09 05:23 PM

Other people are reporting the same problem and it's been this way for weeks now.

I must say that as a paying customer, I expect better from a company like Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Will someone at Adobe please fix the search function on the Forums? It's been several weeks they've

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For weeks now in the Fireworks forum, when I search for anything, I get:

Variable FTVAR_RESULTTYPE is undefined.
Resources:
* Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
* Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
* Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3
Remote Address 10.172.32.24
Referrer http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm
?forumid=14&catid=193&STARTPAGE=3&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
Date/Time 07-Jan-09 05:23 PM

Other people are reporting the same problem and it's been this way for weeks now.

I must say that as a paying customer, I expect better from a company like Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 26, 2009 0
Guide ,
Jan 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Unfortunately, the Fireworks forum is over on the other side, the former Macromedia forums now at adobe.com, not here at adobeforums.com, the old Adobe forums.

The former Macromedia forums now at adobe.com have their own forum discussions and feedback forum. The folks here can't do much about those other forums on the other side.

Additionally, these are user to user forums, not a channel to address Adobe. Use the Contact button at the top of this page if you want to address Adobe directly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2009 0
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation Ramone. I wasn't sure how to let them know about the problem so it's just been frustrating. I used a Contact button on the other forum to get to here so I figured this was the place to let them know. I'll try the one above.

Jim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2009 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim:

Just use the Google search - it's a better one anyhow -

http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=+group:macromedia.fireworks

--
Murray

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2009 0
Guide ,
Jan 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Thanks for the explanation Ramone.

You're welcome, Jime. ;)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2009 0
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramone,

I've continued to look for the proper place to let Adobe know about the problem and it leads me back to here. I clicked Contact from within the Fireworks forum and it took me to http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html. If you click the Feedback tab you'll see a link that says Adobe.com Forums. I clicked that and it led me right here. And I just noticed that right at the top of the list of threads it says:

'This forum is for posting feedback about the forum site or to ask questions about how the forums work. It is not for program-related questions. For example, don't post Photoshop or Acrobat questions here.'

So I'm trying to give feedback about the searching problem so Adobe can look into the problem. Why is this not the place for that? I just want to let somebody know so if you could help me find the proper place, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2009 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jime,

>Why is this not the place for that?

Because this is on the other side seen from the other side.

But please do not tell anyone about us.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2009 0