• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Live Mail ? Links to this forum not working correctly.

Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2010 Jul 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new computer running Windows 7 and have been using Windows Live Mail.

This is where I get my e-mails for updates to messages on this forum.

The link for the message thread has a link that includes the # sign with the correct message to go to on the page.

Now with Windows Live when I click the link it leaves the number after the # sign and just goes to the top of the thread instead to the exact comment.

I can copy and paste the link into a browser and it works fine but if I just click it it does not work like it used to with Outlook Express.

Any ideas if this might be fixable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does searching at Microsoft result in help for that product?

http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you changed from Outlook to Windows Live Mail and you don't like the consequence that links don't work properly. Apart from the obvious "change back" this question belongs on a forum for Windows Live Mail (where people will most likely tell you to "change back").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have outlook express running on my OLD SLOW windows XP

My new Windows 7 only has Windows Live Mail so I have to use it unless I get another program.

I just thought that someone here might have figured it out.

I dont know what the extra part after the # sign is called so i havent been luck searching google for an answer.

Here is the link to your message:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2965072#2965072

but when I click it it just puts this link in the browser:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2965072

it does work but just takes me to the top of the thread.

Im not sure why it doesnt use the part with the # and number that follows it.

It does see it and if hover over it it sees the whole link.

Just something new to figure out.

I will try a Windows Live Forum too but if anyone knows any hints that would be great too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

So you changed from Outlook to Windows Live Mail and you don't like the consequence that links don't work properly. Apart from the obvious "change back" this question belongs on a forum for Windows Live Mail (where people will most likely tell you to "change back").

This is just not possible under some circumstances!

(PS: This is common knowledge.)     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this new computer a couple of weeks ago and just got e-mail hooked up so its new to me that it doesnt include the whole hyperlink

the whole thing is active so im not sure why it doesnt carry through when clicked on.

I guess I will just have to copy the link and paste it into a browser unless someone has a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn

Your issue intrigued me so I tried to solve it. I set up an account with my Windows Live Mail on my Windows 7 PC. I forwarded a forum message to the account. Upon clicking the link, I saw the behavior you were describing! So I tried this and that to no apparent avail. But I sent a message that ended up in the junk folder of Live Mail. I opened it by double-clicking and tried the link. Now things work? Seems odd and more like VooDoo than anything else, but perhaps try opening a message by double-clicking it and try the link. Maybe that action performs something mysterious. Then again... Could be just hogwash! But it seemed to change for me. Not sure why.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried double clicking it to open in a new window but when clicking the link it still only sent the first part without the # info so i was just at the top of the page again.

Weird.

I have changed my browser from IE, to Chrome, to Firefox and all the same results.

So far no luck.

Thanks for the idea though:  GLenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

Although I am a Mac Person I've been reading enough on lots of Newsgroups and Forums to know that Outlook Express does not exist on Windows 7. Live Mail "is" the only choice unless they download another Mail news Client such as Thunderbird, SeaMonkey  Possibly OutLook.

IE is Still around in Version 8 and 9 is being worked on. Chrome, FireFox, Opera, (and even Yes SeaMonkey) is available for alternative Browsers. But only mail choice is LiveMail by default is availble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason I set up Windows Live Mail is because its not on Windows 7.

I dont mink it but its weird the full hyperlink doesnt work.   Just ODD

Its not like hyperlinks havent been around forever.

Thanks for the ideas:  GLenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may wish to consider something like Mozilla Thunderbird. It's free.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying.

I might just do that.

I got an answer on the Windows Live Mail forum saying that this is a know BUG.

At least now I know.

Thanks for the help:  GLenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines