• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You MERGED Illustrator and InDesign???

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG....This place just plain stinks!!! You guys making this happen just don't get it. To he** with you!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. With your statement platforms are rediculous. But the fact is Mac Users will never get the level of support and will always be looked upon as "red-headed Step Children"  a very old saying about people that are looked down upon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy, maybe it's not that he doesn't like what you're saying but the tone in which you're saying it. You seem to have a real big anti pc chip on your shoulder for some reason. My wife and I run a graphic design business, she has two Macs I have two pc XP Pro machines. Been married 32 years and no divorce yet. Bottom line is give it a try stating what OS you're on and I don't see why someone with experience in that OS would not assist you. But maybe I'm just naive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy, maybe it's not that he doesn't like what you're saying but the tone in which you're saying it. You seem to have a real big anti pc chip on your shoulder for some reason. My wife and I run a graphic design business, she has two Macs I have two pc XP Pro machines.

I happen to have 4 PC's and 3 Macs in my business. I don't think PC's are a bad thing. They are a fact of life. I use them to run my sign business and use them to check web sites. You are missing my whole point. I think a sense of community is necessary in keeping a forum thriving and healthy. It is being destroyed and no one is listening. So what appears as a chip to you feels just important to me and many others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seemed to have missed my invitation to the "mac community".

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have a closed mind Jay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy- wrote:

You seem to have a closed mind Jay.

Because I don't like platform bigots?

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I don't like platform bigots?

More like you just don't get it. Perhaps you are the one with a chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More like you just don't get it. Perhaps you are the one with a chip.

Yep, twin Intel xeon dual cores at work, and a Amd dual core at home.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what, pray tell, is so bad about Windows people that we couldn't say the same about Mac folk?

A lot of problems are related to the OS and how the software is working with it. I don't want to hear about XP or the registry or whatever and Im sure you don't want to hear about InDesign relating to OS X. It is just too much to sift through. And yes, there is a difference in attitude. That is why I prefer a Mac forum as opposed to mixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gotta say, the largest dose of attitude I've seen so far has been from Mac users, which is kind of frustrating as I am the IT for an all-Mac shop.

This whole thread is pretty weird, imho. At the very least, it's definitely better to be concentrating on demonstrable functional differences rather than perceived differences. And the main issue I see is that every subject line now needs a quick way to mark it as Mac or Windows so people know what they're getting into before they decide to click it.

A good example is "Help installing font in CS4". I clicked, it turns out they're on XP. Since I haven't clue one how to install fonts for Windows, I wouldn't have clicked if it said "[WIN]: Help installing font in CS4" instead.

(Plus, I suspect it is basically impossible to regenerate separate threads now they've been combined, so all we can really do is lobby for ways to make what is here now workable.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, if you have to merge forums to say you merged forums, then merge anything other than the main apps like Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Leave them in the h*ll alone! I have wanted separate forums in Dreamweaver for a long time. I think it would attract more Mac users. Do you believe that? No. Do I think you will change it? No. So now leave the rest alone. You have messed up too many things. Don't mess that up. And what difference does it make to you anyway to give Mac users these forums? Nothing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy- wrote:

. And what difference does it make to you anyway to give Mac users these forums? Nothing!!

I can just say in the video forums we have avoided splitting MAc / PC because the same questions would get asked and answered in both places.  In the case of Pr, a very low % of questions have anything to do with the OS.  Maybe 5% at best.  So, in our case it makes no sense to have separate forums.  In PS case; i can see where there is enough volume and culture clash to argue seprate forums.  

But; to answer your question I suspect the over all "tendancy" for management to want to combine is to avoid the same questions and expertise being used twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But; to answer your question I suspect the over all "tendancy" for management to want to combine is to avoid the same questions and expertise being used twice.

The only way you would have the same questions ask over and over is if the same person went to both forums and ask the same question. Unlikely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy- wrote:

The only way you would have the same questions ask over and over is if the same person went to both forums and ask the same question. Unlikely.

You dont think mac and pc users using PS dont experience the same questions on how to use the app?    You think that is unlikely. interesting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is actually ONE forum that I agree Mac and PC reside together that I frequent (or did) and that is the Photography forum. There it is about cameras. When something comes up about "how do you do this" it really is about the use of Photoshop or Bridge etc. But I have seen far too many instances of the other 3 I mentioned where it gets to be a real mess sifting through all the questions.

Unfortunately, over time, Mac people go away in a Windows dominated forum and then I find my questions get unanswered not to mention a certain degree of professionalism disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree the newsgroups for a given program Mac and PC people  don't get along. Mac and PC forums should never, ever, mix for any reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For one thing the menus are different the preference are different, and the keyboard shortcuts are totally different. If a may person were to expalin a problem that would be identical to PC person it would like and Earthing talking to a Martian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy- wrote:

If only that were true!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have any idea how many times the same questions got asked, and answered, on the old forums? I have text snippets for all the common answers so I could just cut and paste.

Questions get repeated because people don't check to see if they've already been asked and answered, and a lot of the ime they won't look at the correct answer if it was on the other platform, EVEN THOUGH PLATFORM HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have text snippets for all the common answers so I could just cut and paste.

Great! Put them in a FAQ and refer people to the freaking FAQ! Since you have the snippets I will consider you an excellent source for writing that FAQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of fact, I can't tell you how many Mac people don't want to use Dreamweaver because of this issue. I happen to think it is a better program than GoLive but Mac people prefer GoLive because of the support they get. Trust me on this. It makes a difference. It's just too bad nobody is listening.

Mac people buy 50% of Adobe's programs and this is going to matter in the long run. The big Q got a little big for their britches too and look what happened. InDesign!

Oh, I forgot to mention. I don't particularly like the Dreamweaver forums. I go there if I have to but the whole issue here is the sense of community. I do not find it there. I am afraid it is going to go missing for a good many of us here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm a professional windows application developer. i help in the windows photoshop forum, mostly with system problems and beginner to intermediate photoshop problems. i just want to say, even though i have no vested interest in illy or ID,  imo, merging win and mac forums is a very...

Bad Idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cindy- wrote:

Thanks Dave.

When you calm down, will your purple apple turn to a nice rosy tint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines