• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe might be affecting my fan speed (Republic of gamers ROG) laptop *FIX

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is something for all the Asus Republic of Gamers (ROG) Adobe creators out there. 

I do most of my work from my Strix Scar II gl504gs.  It's an absolute killer laptop, but it has one fatal flaw. 

The left fan gets unbelievably loud. It honestly feels like your laptop is trying to be a hairdryer on the side. It's incredibly annoying and after months of trouble shooting and sending it in for repairs.. I kinda lost hope.  If you go to the Google and type in "ROG Fan control issue" you get an absolute tidalwave of posts. People with all sorts of different laptop models complaining about their loud as hell laptops. 

So.. obiviously you send the laptop back right? Wrong. Proving you have a faulty laptop means sending it in for repairs 3 times with the same complaint every time. If they can't fix it within 3 times.. you get a new laptop! But that still means you have to send it in 3 times.. and wait 15 x 3 business days for your laptop.  45 business days without a laptop is a lot for any creator. 

But! Don't send your loud beast back just yet! Because I think I've found the culprit. The Adobe Creative Cloud app. My issue just kinda.. went away overnight. The laptop suddenly worked as intended. Fans were quiet on their own and only got loud when I clicked "overboost".  Nice!

So what did I change? I removed all of the Adobe programs from my windows start up menu. 

Adobe Acrotray, Adobe Collaboration Synchronizer, Creative cloud desktop app, Updater Start up utility, GC Invoker Utility, CCXProcess. All of em. 

And then, turn off the auto updater to the app. That doesnt mean you should stop updating the software! But you need to do it manually from now on. And whenever you download an update you need to check your start up apps again.  Because it automatically switches em all back on after any update. 

Im sure this fix doenst apply to all of the ROG laptops.. but hopefully this helps a couple.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to say Thank you!  I have been looking for a fix on my computer for a couple of years until I found your post. This was the fix. You should post this on the ASUS rog strix forum where everyone has fan issues. I am sure it will fix a lot of headaches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines