• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice on monitor for working with Premier Pro

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premier Pro a lot, but only have a laptop. Considering buying a monitor to omprove the experience. Can anyone advise me on a spec (or even a specific model available in the UK) which would be good for this. Constraints are that my budget is NOT unlimited, and that I will from time to time need to move the monitor between rooms, so weight is a factor.

Any advice gratefully received, thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. Constraints are that my budget is NOT unlimited,

By @KeithPop

What is the limit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A big question is what kind of video you need to preview accurately on that monitor. Do you edit 1080p, or do you need to preview full 4K?

Are you editing for YouTube, TV broadcast, cinema…?

People might recommend different kinds of monitors depending on how those questions are answered, and the answers will also affect what can be achieved under a certain budget limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is for broadcast work I would recommend an A/V monitor and 3rd party hardware from Blackmagic Design or AJA. That being said I like using the ultra-wide computer monitors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines