Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice on Motherboard for Video Editing Computer

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I working on finalizing a custom computer build for using Adobe software, primarily Premiere Pro and After Effects. I'm hoping to get some advice on an ideal choice for a motherboard.

I will be running an i7 8700K processor and have a few options for motherboards, but I've more or less narrowed it down to the ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard and the ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming motherboard. I'm drawn to the Strix board since it has built in Wi-Fi, superior audio quality, and perhaps a nicer build quality overall, but I'm also trying not to overspend and suspect that either motherboard would perform just fine for my needs.

Does anyone here have experience with these motherboards, or general thoughts on a good motherboard choice for an i7 8700K build? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify a bit, I'm wondering where the point of diminishing returns lies with these motherboards. The Strix model has a heat sink for one of the M.2 drives, which is a nice feature since those drives have a reputation for running hot, but do you think it's necessary? I'm planning to run a Samsung 960 EVO 500gb.

Also, sound -- I've been told that having a separate sound card is no longer necessary because onboard sound has improved considerably over the years, though I'm wondering if anyone has insight regarding the basic onboard Realtek sound on the TUF motherboard compared to the enhanced sound setup on the Strix motherboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the years I have used Asus Rampage, Sabertooth and the P9X family and Gigabyte High end and they are all great. The Asus Rampage Motherboard are the best and cost more but very reliable for video rproduction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Asus Rampage Motherboard

Mine is now 9 years old and still running...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines