Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best GPU for Premiere on 2019 15’’ MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Friends!

I'm a filmmaker, and I mainly use Premiere Pro and After Effects when working in post. Lately, Premiere has been significantly lagging on my 15'' 2019 MacBook Pro. I usually only use a few effects, maybe some transitions, and some color grading with LUTs applied, but the playback and workflow lag has pretty much made the program unusable at this point. 

I'm looking into buying an eGPU/graphics card for my laptop to boost playback and editing performance in Premiere (Final render times are a plus, but I'm more concerned with the actual workflow performance).  Since I have a Mac, my only real option for a graphics card is AMD. From my research, it is pretty clear that Nvidia works extremely well with Premiere, and AMD doesn't do much of anything.

I'm not in a place right now where I can switch over to a PC set up, and I really don't want to have to give up Adobe (as AMD seems to work with DaVinci Resolve and Final Cut significantly better).  Has anyone had any success with an AMD graphics card on Mac, especially when it comes to workflow lag in Premiere? If so, which one is working for you? 

Thank you! 🙂 

[Moderator note: moved to best forum.]

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?