• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best laptop for adobe creative suite? Budget 800-1200

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for a new laptop to run the programa, particularly premiere, ae, and ps. Budget is $800-1200. PC only. Thoughts welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the most part, you will not get a laptop that is suitable for much if any video editing whatsoever within that price range. You will need to double or triple that budget just to even meet minimum practical performance requirements for content creation apps.

The typical laptop in that price range has too little included RAM to do much (only 8 GB total RAM), while having only a low-speed, lower-performance quad-core CPU with hyperthreading and either no discrete GPU at all (only integrated graphics) or a GPU that is so gimped that it doesn't even include a hardware decoder or encoder at all for H.264 or HEVC footage.

And that is all because recently (within the past couple of years), hardware component prices have gone on a big rollercoaster ride. Right now, hardware is still somewhat more expensive than it was pre-COVID-19 pandemic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I certainly did not do enough diligent research and some sources give too much credit to cheaper laptops. I'm still trying to find one on the less expensive end, so if I were to go for 1200 to 1800, is there anything that might work? I used to use a macbook pro, but it's old and broken. Was considering the new cheaper 13inch that runs 1300-1400, but it only has 8g of ram. Haven't dropped it out of mind yet, but learning more towards pc. I'm not gonna be doing 4k video anytime soon, but maybe some HD. It will be a lot of layer intensive photoshop that I will cut together to create animated scenes in premiere. Down the line, I may be doing some actual HD video editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With a revised budget or $1,200 to $1,800 you'll be able to find something that will handle 1080p well and maybe even 2160p; however, be sure to budget for storage media as well - be it increasing the internal storage options of the laptop or external storage.  As you progress through more and more projects, you'll want to consisder archival storage as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit out of date now, but it does have some laptop discussion
https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/premiere-pro-hardware-articles-to-read-before-you-buy-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have to be a laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. Not planning to bring it to a lot if places. But I'd rather it not be stuck in one room of my house.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines