• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

best pc for after effects while on a budget?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently looking into getting a prebuilt pc which I will mainly only use for after effects 2020. I have been looking into ones with enough ram but I'm not sure exactly what other details I should look at when getting one. Here's the link to the current pc I've been eyeing:

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-desktop-tp01-2165z-bundle-pc?jumpid=cs_con_nc_ns&utm_m...

but I'm not sure if it would actually work well? My budget for a pc is under $1k (600-800 if possible). Also I'm not looking into building a pc on my own since I am not super techy, and don't wanna risk anything in case I mess something up. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Video Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to think I am crazy but I bought an M1 Mac mini with only eight gigs of RAM and 256 of storage. I plugged in an external 1 TB thunderbolt drive to install the creative suite on and use for my main storage. I bought it just to do some testing. Out the door for under$800 including three years of extended service. Premiere Pro is already M2 compatible in beta, After Effects runs like a champ. It outperforms my fully loaded, and I mean completely fully loaded MacBook Pro that's only a few years old. When I say outperforms, I mean outperforms like crazy. Premiere Pro and Premiere Pro beta are great. 

I will post some performance tests and those kinds of things with the AE very soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  Only 8 GB RAM!

If anybody else but you posted that, I likely woudn't believe it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with that HP is the abysmal GPGPU (OpenCL) performance of the integrated Radeon Vega series GPU that's in all AMD APUs in Adobe applications. The IGP's in both Intel and Apple CPUs currently outperform those of the integrated AMD Radeon Vega graphics. You see, even the 5000-series AMD APUs use the aging fifth-gen GCN architecture (which dated all the way back to the 2000-series Zen 1-based AMD Ryzen APUs of 2017) and not the RDNA architecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still working on my review of the M1 Mac Mini, but here is a sample of changes while previewing with 4K Arri raw files + Lumetri + and animated shape layer. Check the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines