• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blackmagic Intensity Pro Output

Explorer ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I thought that with CS6, pretty much any sequence could ouput via my BlackMagic Intensity Pro, and I didn't have to be in a BM sequence. Well, I have found that I am restricted by resolution and framerate - I have to be in a 720p60 sequence or nothing will output to my TV (which is a 720p TV). This is quite a problem as I am almost exlcusively working in 1080p24 sequences. Am I doing something wrong? Or have I misenterpretted the capabilities? FCP was able to pretty much ouput any seq/frame rate with the card.

-sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shane, thanks for making that blog post. Unfortunately, Blackmagic doesn't have the setup option in the playback menu. Maybe in a future update? I emailed BM about this whole problem a few days ago, but never heard anything. Maybe I need to call them as well.

And Alex, in the system pref menu for the BM Intensity Pro card, there's no way to tell it what primary format to send it out as.

So this seems to be a Blackmagic fault, as Shane has proven that his AJA card can do it.

-sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane,

Good Detective Work! Thanks.

Is that a feature of just the Aja Kona 3G card or the whole Kona product line? The Kona 3G is $2000 quite a bit more than the $199 Intensity Pro.

Ray T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll wager it is the full Kona line. And I have the Kona 3...not 3G.  The LHi is cheaper...IO Express even cheaper. 

There's a reason AJA products are more expensive.  Customer service is one...you encountered another...better software development. They are usually the first to come out with drivers, and good solid ones.  And apparently with more features than the competition.

You get what you pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to test this out with my Kona 3 and realised that I have no monitoring options at all, other than the default Adobe ones. AJA don't appear to have released drivers for CS6 yet, so how are you getting it to output to your monitor, Shane? I understand you were on the beta program so perhaps Adobe/AJA have sent you an as yet unreleased driver. If not, how come yours is working??

I just installed the CS5.5 drivers wondering if that would help. It didn't, although I don't have 5.5 installed, which might be the problem there.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah...sorry.  This is a beta plugin. I didn't realize that (well, REMEMBER that) when I did the blog post.  Since CS6 was released, I assumed that the AJA plugins were as well, and they weren't.  Still some things to be locked down.

I hope I don't get smacked for posting that blog.  If it comes down, you know that I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Shane, thanks for clarifying. Guess we have to just wait for AJA then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

to use the local venacular here: Erm, am I missing something here?

i'm just moving over fron vegas using two monitors off a gtx and my bm intensity pro playing full hd of whatevers on the timeline.

does cs6 behave differently from this? if so how?

i'm in pal land

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep all that is kinda frustrating! And another thing is in my case i have 1080p25 footage and use it ( have to) in a 1080i50 sequence.

1st issue: a short but really noticaable delay on my external screen. and 2nd issue: i can't see anything that is in the "Source" monitor (cuz it plays back 25p in that one)

...well maybe a lil Blackmagic Mini Converter can help? (like the HDMI to SDI or UpDownCross...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines