• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe Premiere Pro capture 1080 35mbps XDcam?

Participant ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some client from work wants to upres? dont ask me why older betacam (480i) footage to 1080 35 mbps xdcam--is there even a capture card for that?

What can I tell this guy?

I remember back in the day there was matrox, canopus and bluefish 4 4 4--are there any capture cards out there that will capture HD?

Thanks kindly

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

I used Blackmagic Media Express to capture.  Here is MediaInfo details of the output file.

"Does this thing have the capability to capture to 35Mbps--can that be set?--or do I have to capture uncompressed (is that an option?) and then export in ame to h.264 at 35 Mbps?"

As you play the input file the Intensity takes the analog output from the camera and digitizes a new uncompressed digital clip of higher quality and much higher bit rate.  It will be up to you and Premiere to output a file to your

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For capture You might take a look at the BlackMagic Intensity.  I do not know what outputs are available on that camera

I have used mine to capture old tapes from old cameras with it. Slightly better with the Thunderbolt version than the USB 3.0.version. if you have TB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bill!

I am looking at it now--I was actually looking at a similar blackmagic internal pcie card product--but yours seems better!

Does this thing have the capability to capture to 35Mbps--can that be set?--or do I have to capture uncompressed (is that an option?) and then export in ame to h.264 at 35 Mbps?

Also--do you capture with the software that this comes with or do we capture in Premiere Pro still with this blackmagic HD capture device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Blackmagic Media Express to capture.  Here is MediaInfo details of the output file.

"Does this thing have the capability to capture to 35Mbps--can that be set?--or do I have to capture uncompressed (is that an option?) and then export in ame to h.264 at 35 Mbps?"

As you play the input file the Intensity takes the analog output from the camera and digitizes a new uncompressed digital clip of higher quality and much higher bit rate.  It will be up to you and Premiere to output a file to your spec. There may be other ways to accomplish you goals I would use Blackmagic tech support for suggestions.

It is a confusing but extremely capable device which required several experimental runs for me but I am delighted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok

168 Mb/s wow--I wish there was a way the user could control that to get closer to the 35 Mbps--without reconverting--oh well

Bill that looks good--Did you need to use a ssd to capture-digitize or is an external usb 3.0 HDD good enough?

Thanks

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony,

I used an internal SATA III but I se no reason why a good USB 3.0 SSD would not work just as well. There are good USB3.0 devices and cthere are lousy ones.  I have several of the Samsung T series and they are wonderful performers.

Here is a T# model on a USB 3.0. port on this laptop.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great Info--Thanks Bill!

In the window with the specs you showed I noticed 168Mb/s for sd 486 footage--any clue what the bitrate would be for 1080? --

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines