• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy playback with high end system

Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I'm expecting too much but I'm having perpetual issues with playback in Premiere Pro, whenever I have any kind of transition or effects on 4K footage... arithmetic, directional blur, zoom transitions etc the playback is unusable.  It freezes for 1-2 seconds at a time making the editing process pretty impossible.

My system is a 8700K under a X62 AIO at 4.9GHz, 32GB 3000MHz Trident-Z RAM, GeForce 1080Ti, Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD, I have GPU CUDA accelerated Mercury playback enabled in the project settings, but even playing back at 1/2 resolution is way too choppy to be any use.

I actually don't think with a system like that I should be suffering choppy playback at 1/2 resolution with only a couple of effects on 4K footage, so I'm inclined to believe I need to optimise some settings perhaps? Does anyone have any pointers?

Cheers! Neil.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm moving this to the Hardware forum where the optimization experts are.

Maybe RjL190365 or Bill Gehrkewill join in the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines